V11 - Chapter 131 Camp Galileo

*** 

--- The High Hills, Camp Galileo ---

January 10th, 2026

Sharpe walks down the hallway of the main facility at Camp Galileo. Galileo is the only spaceport in Uros and the main science and research facility in the region.

"Ok girls. When we walk through the door do not bother anyone. Everyone is busy getting this base up and running. Am I clear girls and you Rory?"

"What?" Rory looks at him, shocked that she was single out. All the other girls giggle, all understanding why.

He smirks and glances down, feeling a tug on his jacket. Selina is holding onto his jacket, feeling a bit nervous being at a new place. He also wonders if she is worried something might happen to him, just with that new Apostle Jasis who tried to kill him after sexually assaulting him. "It is ok kid."

Right now, he does not care. He has been waiting for this day since when he learned that the United States Space Force was coming to Uros. While he is in the infantry, he has always loved the topic of space and everything about it. The topic is so vast and has unlimited possibilities where anything can be possible. Most of his favorite shows are related to space, Transformers, Star Trek, Orville, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica and more.

He always wanted to talk about the subject of outer space with the girls but held off. When the topic finally came up, he wanted to show them everything. It is selfish but he wanted it to be a fun experience for them, something they can do together.

He hands his badge to the guard and the guard opens the door. "If you have any questions, ask me first. We don't want to bother anyone."

He walks in and sees dozens of computer stations, the digital tables, and large screens everywhere. Just like what you see at a military command post and NASA control center. The large room looks like something from a future Hollywood movie.

He then sees the girls looking around with big eyes. They have seen a setup like this at Alnus Command and Vanguard Command where Sarah works at, but this is far grander sight. He sees the girls looking at everything as they try to figure out and understand what is going on.

"Holy smokes," Tuka said with surprise in her voice. "The room is so bright. I don't think I have ever seen so many screens in one place."

"Girls do not bother the staff. They are busy," He said as he stands there. While they look around at the high-tech equipment all over the control room, he is impressed by the sight. Deep down inside he always wanted to go into NASA and check it out.

One of his deepest dreams he has always had is going to the red planet, Mars. He never understood why he wants to go there; he just was always fascinated by that planet. While he is one of the first thousand Americans to come to an alien world but the world that's been labeled Uros(1), it looks very Earth-like. He likes the red, desert-like feeling from Mars. Some feeling about the frontier that attracts him to it. He always told people when the topic came up that he wanted a rank on Mars so he could be a space cowboy. While that has always been a joke, it just shows how much he wants to go.

As he walks inside, he sees the giant Seal painted on the back wall and under it says the 25th Space Wing. Unlike the other Space Wings, the 25th was created as the President's military expansion to help support military and future civilian operations here. Just like the new 8th Alnus Division, the 25th will be permanently stationed here to support our space logistics.

"This place looks amazing," Rory said. "What is it?"

"This is the control room for their operations," He responds. "From here, they will be able to control satellites we put up into space."