V13 - Chapter 152

***

--- Fort Minick, training ground ---

February 18th, 2026

Princess Piña Co Lada is running through the base football running course. To her side is Bozes Co Palesti. They have their arms tied together. Behind them are the rest of the Rose Knights, all tied to another Knight, two-by-twos.

The base drill instructor Chief Master Sergeant Carlos Cruz said that this is supposed to help them work more as a team, teaching the Knights to trust and communicate with the person next to them.

So far, they have done three full laps and are finishing up their final lap.

She is panting as she struggles to breathe. She looks over to Bozes. "I said stop hitting your leg into mine."

"You're the one who's pulling heads..." Bozes said in a frustrated tone.

She grunts after hearing that and keeps running. Ahead of her are is Nikolasha Le Mon and Beefeater E Caty. They passed her a lap ago and she has even trying to catch up ever since.

She sees the finish line and takes a deep breath. "Let's hurry. Almost there."

They push as hard as they can, getting right behind Beefeater and Nikolasha.

Beefeater looks behind. "You can beat up this time Princess!" She then laughs.

"How is she so good at this?" She mumbles.

"Because she's more of a man," Bozes said. "Let's go."

Both her and Bozes have always been the most competitive of the Rose Knights. They time their arms so they can maximize their momentum and push as hard as they can.

They see the finish line up ahead and are about to cross it first.

She smiles as she realizes that she is going to win but suddenly she and Bozes fall to the ground.

She feels this scrape on her knee as it hits the ground first. She looks up and sees all but Hamilton Uno Ror and Suissesse Co Mein team cross the finish line.

"Princes, are you ok?" Hamilton asked in a worried voice.

"What about me?" Bozes asked in a sarcastic tone.

She moves her feet out, so she is sitting on her rear. "I am ok Hamilton."

"Let me help you up," Hamilton said, grabbing Pina arm and helping her up.

"Shouldn't we untie ourselves first?" Suissesse asked.

She looks to the finish line and sees everyone cheering Beefearer and Nikolasha. Then she sees Charlos walking towards her. "Oh no."

Carlos stops right in front of them. He places his hands on his hips. "All four of you are dead. Congratulations."

"Hey, buddy we fell," Bozes said. "It wasn't our fault. This practice is stupid anyway."

"I know Bozes means no disrespect Chief Sergeant, but I don't see the value in this," She said. "In battle, we are not going to be tied together."

"If you have a problem with the Major training then you can go back to Alnus and serve tables," Carlos said in an unsympathetic tone. He then looks to the sidelines. "Medic!"

She takes a frustrated breath and looks over to Major Sharpe, Sir Grey, and the new Japanese man Captain Itami.

Specialist Jerry William rushes over and starts to look at her and Bozes' scrapes.