V12 - Chapter 151 History Lesson

Note: In this story holidays are loose dates. The chapter is more to represent the holiday rather than an official month or day in the story. I consider June 6th to be an important day in Western history because it started liberating Western Europe from NAZI Germany, forcing Fascism into the pages of history where it belongs. This chapter meant to remind everyone of the struggles of the past so we can build off their struggle and sacrifice to build a better future. If we forget the past, then there is no future. Thank you.

--- Fort Minick, Lounge room ---

Princess Pina walks into the lounge room. She has been here before. The Americans have what's called a projector like when she saw the Hobbit(5). There are other smaller televisions for games, dartboards, and other types of recreational activities.

Her commanding officer Major Sharpe has invited her and her Knights to a movie day.

She never imagined having to take orders from what is basically a peasant in Imperial terms, even though she does not see him or any of the Other Worlders as such. Being a Princess anyone below the Royal Family and the highest of Nobles would have to listen and obey her without question. It has been a rough transition knowing that her title is almost meaningless here.

Today is June 6th in their calendar and from what she understands it has a historical war meaning. He said that they will be watching two World War Two movies.

While not all of her Knights are excited for a history lesson, she is. Sense Sharpe informed her about brutal wars in Earth history she has been wanting to learn more(1). Sharpe said that World War Two had sixty million who died, their largest war ever. She has been struggling to understand that number because it is so high.

The Empire has a population of about sixty to one hundred million subjects of the common races. An extra ten to fifteen million of the more civilized races of the Dark Races. No one knows how many barbarian Dark Races like Trolls, Kurashs, Goblins, and others there are. In just one of their recent wars is almost the entire population of the Empire.

She sees many of her Rose Knights come in and start to interact with Vanguard-7. She sees some other Rangers in here like First Lieutenant Charles Johnson. Noriko is here with Tenchi and to her surprise this Dark Race batgirl here.

The soldiers are wearing their standard casual uniforms. She has found it interesting that American soldiers always wear some kind of uniform and wonder if it is like that for their civilians. Most of her Knights are wearing the standard robs that Noblewoman wears, excluding Beefeater and Shandy.

Beefeater seems to be more comfortable wearing American clothing which makes sense to her. She has never fully fit in with the other Noblewoman in Sadera, acting more masculine than feminine.

Shandy was a surprise for her but she has seen her spending more time with Sarah at the command center. She seems to be becoming the Rose Knights Logistics handler, keeping them up to date with current events.

She sees Hamilton quickly walk past everyone and heads to the little kitchen area. Following her is Suissesse, both being close friends. Suissesse isn't the most social one and in a group like this, she seems to want to stick by Hamilton's side.

As she looks around, she is happy that both her Knights and the Americans are getting along. While there is still a difference between them, they can now work together, especially if they were enemies once.

Before she heads over him to Noriko she stops and looks at Bozes. Bozes rushes up to Johnson and then gives him a big hug.

"I am so happy that you got your promotion and command," Bozes said in a happy tone.