V13 - Chapter 156 Quest

"Secretary of Defense Grayson Norman came out yesterday and explained of a cat-and-mouse chase between Russian and American submarines in the artic. Since the region has become more available for commercial shipping. NATO, Russia and China have been competing for control in the region.

The Russian Akula-class submarine was harassing a South Korean tanker. The Department of Defense send a Virginia-class USS Indiana intercept and guarantee navigation of freedom in the arctic waters.

Secretary of State Bobby Gates reinstated the need for a strong US presence in Greenland, acting as a staging ground for the artic. He also stated for the need for the US to purchase the island to guarantee the artic will remain free and within western international norms. – Syx Digital News

***

--- Farmhouse, between Alnus and Deabis ---

Once the HUMVEE stops, Lillie Hauroth opens the door and jumps out of it. Once she lands on her hands and knees she starts kissing the ground. "Air! I never thought I will be so happy to see the ground."

"That was not natural!" Vauo Durgu says as he gets out of the second vehicle, the French Peugeot P4.

"It might not be natural, but I have to admit, it is quick," Karther Jagith said as he gets out of the HUMVEE. "It should have taken us two days to get here."

Corporal Myuute Luna Sires gets out of the driver's side of the HUMVEE and walks over to Lillie.

She hears Myuute's bird-like feet and then feels her hand on her back. "You will be fine. You are just car sick. It happens to some people while sitting in the back."

She feels dizzy and throws up.

She then sits up on her knees and catches her breath. "I am sick? So, I need a potion or-?"

Myuute chuckles and pats her on the back. "No potion. That isn't standard equipment. You just need water."

She quickly reaches for her canteen and drinks about a third of it. She feels her stomach begin to feel better and no longer feels warm. "I think I am feeling better. I can't believe you people are willing to get sick like that."

"It is just motion sickness," Myuute states again. "Only a few get it, including me." She then stands up. "Alright, gather up."

She sees Gorgth walk up to her and helps her up. "Thank you."

"Anytime," Gorgth said with a smile, patting her on the back. "Just hold onto my armor until you are back on your feet."

She smiles and nods. She grabs his arm and looks at Myuute.

"I know you all already know this but I want to say it again so there are no confusions," Myuute said. "Someone has been stealing the farmer crops and asked us for help. Unless we find out that the person who is stealing his crops is hostile, we take them in alive."

"It is a snatch and grab quest?" Karther replies. "It is the most basic quest out there. We could handle this easily."

Myuute looks at Kather. "I know your party is capable of something this alone. I will be acting more of an observer. Now Karther, please come with me to the farmer."

She watches as both of them walk over to the farmhouse and talk to the head of the household. She then looks around to get an idea of what is around her.

She sees the other French AMP driver having a smoke, minding his own business. She sees tall green crops stretching out for leagues. She then sees these rows of trees with Bumbleberries, pink apple-like fruits.