V04 - Chapter 43 RM

***

--- Earth, United States, White House ---

June 19th, 2025

It is currently the middle of the night when President Emily Pots found out what happened in Sadera. She was one of the early supporters of the peace process when she found out about it.

Her goals were to prevent another dragged out war. After twenty years of endless wars throughout the Middle East and Africa, a global pandemic, the American people are tired. The nation is tired and most of the Western world is tired.

That does not include the current Cold War building up against the Chinese. With their colonization activities in Africa, the occupation of northern Afghanistan for their belt road initiative, it is taking everything the United States can to counter and contain their influence and protect our allies. After what happened with Hong Kong a few years ago, everyone is nervous in the Far East.

Most of our allies only sent a token force to the Special Region, to claim they are our alliance. However, the only real force has been the Canadians, the British, France and most surprising to everyone is the Japanese.

They all wanted to aid with their separate reason though. Canada close by relatively compare to other nations and feel a threaten whatever happens with the Gate could spill over to them. The English want to maintain our 'Special Relationship' and show the world that there, not a paper tiger after Brexit. Same with the French after the fall of the European Union, wanting to prove they still have a strong-arm force. Besides, the three want to be in the loop when any economic development happens in this strange new world.

The Japanese are a confusing one. They want to show the world that they are back, and that China cannot bully them. The emerging 'Special Relationship' between the United States and Japan as the Earth Geopolitical balances shift from Europe to Asia and they want to solidify it. They also have one of the most advances militaries on the planet however they are untested. A good way to train and test their toys for a war against Imperial China then fighting some barbarians.

The rest of the International Community, especially the United Nations are interested in having a role in exploring their new world. That cannot happen if the Empire remains a throne in the side of the United States. While inferior compare to even some of the weakest country on Earth, if they continue to wage war against us, they are tying up economic and military resources that are needed here on Earth.

After getting dress in a dark blue business suit and skirt, Potts enters her office and then sits down at her desk.

A lot of Presidents sat at this very desk, faced massive hurdles. Faced many challenges that seem impossible to tackle and somehow pushed through them.

She then picks up the phone that is on her desk. A line was set up so Stanford can quickly call her if there is an emergency. "Lieutenant General Stanford."

"Good morning Madam President," Stanford said, realizing how late it is. "I am sorry to request your presence at this hour however we have a situation here."

Potts rubs her face, forcing herself to wake up. She leans back in her chair. "My adviser updated me briefly. So, the Peace Process failed?"

"Yes, mam," Stanford responds.

"What happened?" she asked.

She begins to wonder if it was Willington. While he did great work in Eastern Africa, he was not the most liked in the State Department. They claimed he is to off the books for their liking. So, Secretary of State Bobby Gates said.

"There is no easy way to explain this but-," Stanford said.

"Just spit it out General," she said.

"There was a firefight at the capital throne room. No casualties on our end," Stanford said.