V09 - Chapter 97 Rescue at Fort Legrath

*** 

--- Elies Region, V-22B Osprey ---

November 26th, 2025

Lieutenant Commander Daniel Richman is sitting in his seat, heading to the Elies region. Major General Charles Stanford recalled his unit. His Seal Team-3 just finished a raid in the Alguna kingdom. Why he doesn't know.

"Lieutenant Commander. You want to listen to this. Tune to channel sixty-seven." The pilot says.

He leans forward and looks to the cockpit. He then turns on his NETT system and tunes to that channel, a special forces channel for updates.

Then he hears a report on what has been happening in Elies. He then hears what happen between Vanguard-7 and the leadership of the Elies Legions.

Then he hears something surprises him and doesn't at the same time. The leader of the Ranger unit Vanguard-7, Major Sharpe left to Fortress Legrath alone. Well, with those underage girls that he tags along.

Even though Rory and Lelei have proven themselves in battle, he does not approve of having children or local civilians in battle.

He has never gotten along with Major Sharpe since when he was in Delta Force. Always thought he was too brash and eager. Willing to take to many risks and jump headfirst into situations. However, he knows he would never do something unless he genuinely believes it is the right decision, regardless of how he feels about it.

"Sir, orders?" Vance asks.

He looks forward and sees his second in command asking that.

***

--- Fort Legrath ---

November 26th, 2025

Sharpe fires his rifle, killing this Imperialist soldier. After killing the two that was blocking his way, he reloads his rifle.

"They just keep coming. If I could use..." Pins starts to say.

"I said no! Your sticking with your sword." He responds.

She has been asking to use his sidearm, thinking it would be better. There is no way he is giving someone untrained a firearm.

He finishes reloading and fires two shots, killing this man who was charging. "Down the hall, move!"

He watches as Pina heads down the last hallway. He then reaches to his vests and pulls out a smoke grenade.

He then drops it on the ground, hoping the smoke scares them for a moment.

He rushes back to the balcony where Rory tossed him. Across he sees Lelei waving and Tuka with her bow out.

"Ok, how do we jump across this? It is a dead-end Sharpe." Pina says, annoyed by the situation.

He walks past her. "Tuka! Fire rope over here! Lelei, balance us as we cross!"

Right then this arrow over and he watches it. He takes the rope and ties it to this pole, securing it. He then looks over to Pina. "Go!"

"You are kidding right?" Pina looks at the rope and then back at him.

He gives her a very scary look, enough that it scared her to start walking on the rope.

He can see Lelei on the other side, beginning to use her telekinesis to help Pina balance herself as she walks over.

As Pina gets halfway over, he can hear soldiers running down that hallway. He moves to cover the door and right when he sees them, he puts a round of lead into them.