V11 - Chapter 127 Summit

***

--- Knappnai Moutain Range, Knappnai City ---

January 8th, 2026

Kagash places her hand on her witch hat so it does not blow away from the sudden strong wind. She underestimated how windy this region is, experiencing how the city got its reputation as the 'windy city'.

She looks around and sees the city is alive, unspoiled by the recent war to the south. Everyone still going on with their daily lives. She notices that all the buildings are made from clay unlike stone back in Darlko.

Darlko, also knowns as the Rondel of the east, an insulting reference to her and the magic users at Darlko. Both cities have had a rivalry for centuries as they compete for influence. Rondel believes they are the true followers of Ral and Elange and think they are superior when it comes to the realm of magic. They have always been angry at the fact that Darlko has been trying to get equal representation in the Magic Guild. Rondel has always wanted a monopoly on the knowledge and education of magic.

While she and her husband have never been to Rondel, she does not like how they censorship types of magic and scrolls. In Darlko, all types of magic are allowed, even forbid types by the guild.

"Mommy, do you see that?" Fagrish asked as he pulls on her dress.

She looks down at her twelve-year-old son and giggles. She looks at the direction he is pointing. Over by the market booth, she sees many shiny objects. Jewelry, crystals, amulets and more. "I see my sweet. Knappnai is a major trading post between the Empire and The Ticaret Conglomerate. The stories say that these mountains are rich with many minerals, many are used in magic."

Fagrish looks up at her. "I was pointing to the girl's mom."

She then looks and sees these two attractive girls walking to people, helping their parents at the shops. She then giggles and rubs her son's head. "Silly boy."

She then hears her husband speak in his ancient dead language. Her husband saved her when they were kids from her parents. They tried to sacrifice her because they believed she was cursed. In the process of recusing her and defeat the Alpha Werewolf that came to consume her. He gave his soul to Hardy and became a Warlock to fight the Werewolf. In the process of saving her, he was cursed and now can only speak in the ancient dead language which she had to learn to speak and understand.

She turns around and sees her husband Galrik walks forward. She then looks away to where he is talking about. The city palace where the Count is, Count Assuhhrasha. While loyal to the Empire, it is rumored that he is a very brutal Count, however, the city lays in a brutal region.

"Yes, that is the palace, my love," She said. "High above all the other buildings in the city, built into the mountain. That surely said a lot about their leader."

"Mommy, why are there so many different people here?" Fagrish asked as he sees an Elf and a Cat-Man walking.

"This is a brutal land my sweet," She said. "Most people who come here and make roots usually have nowhere else to go. A last-ditch effort to find wealth and status. And besides, this city one of the few that is older than the Empire. It is once believed another power Empire thousands of years ago built this place. We do not know what race though."

As she said that she looks down this one street and see a large slave auction happening. This short man yelling as he takes people bets, telling a story about each man and woman standing there. The current story he is talking about is these two Warrior Bunnies, who were defeated in battle and enslaved by the Empire. It was a statement of the might of the Empire. The Warrior Bunnies are known to be vicious warriors who spare no one. But even they could not stop the Empire might.