(Beatlettes) Sleeping Beauty Ballet (Part 1)

Beatlettes: same as previous Beatlettes editions

Cynthia -> Conner 'Corn Dog' Powell

Jane -> Jonathan  'Jono' Asher

Pattie -> Patrick Boyd

Maureen -> Maurice 'Mo' Cox

Brian -> Brianna Epstein

Pete (drummer before Ringo) -> Penelope Best (drummer before Regina)

Side Note: The Sleeping Beauty that this ballet would be taking inspiration from would mainly be from the Disney 1959 film of the same name

It was a normal May day in Abbey Road studios, 1965 ,when the Beatlettes were on their breaks after having recorded 5 songs for their latest album. They were all in the lounge having their snacks and chats when their manager Brianna called them to give them a major announcement.

"Alright ladies, I have some news for you.." 

"Is it an upcoming tour?" asked Johanna. 

"Or a modelling shoot?" Georgina asked. 

"Could it be.. a new collaboration?" Regina inquired.

"Sort of," Brianna stated. 

"Of what sort? Is someone going to work with us on our new album?" Paulina chimed in. 

"No..." 

"WHAT IS IT?!" the Beatlettes asked excitedly. 

"The Royal Ballet has just contacted me," the older woman explained. "They have seen your work in music and your modelling shoots, and they want you to be part of their rendition of the Sleeping Beauty Ballet..." 

"YAY!! BALLET!" Paulina and Georgina cheered, as they have been taking ballet classes together before joining the Beatlettes. 

"Calm down girls," Brianna chided gently. "Essentially the audition would be in a month, and the performance would be 2 months after the auditions which will take place in the Royal Opera House, so I expect you girls to be serious about this if you want to be taken seriously by the adults and elite." With that, she left the Beatlettes to handle the news. 

"OMG!! WE'RE GONNA BE BALLERINAS!!" squealed Paulina and Georgina. 

"I don't know ballet from Adams though.." Regina muttered. 

"Does Brianna know that? I mean, I'm more of a waltz person than a ballerina..." Johanna whispered back. 

Paulina and Georgina heard them both, so they butted in: "Don't worry Jo and Reggie! We took classes before, and we can teach you everything you need!" 

"Polly would be a star in this ballet, Madame Kristie called her the prima donna of our class, so you're in good hands girls!" Georgina told the other 2 Beatlettes proudly. The girls squealed at the idea of making their dance debut for the 1st time.

Later that night, the Beatlettes were chilling at home when the phone rang. It was the principal ballerina Madame Giry-Bijou. Paulina picked up the phone. 

"Hello, is this the residence of the Beatlettes?" 

"Yes, it's Paulina McCartney of the Beatlettes speaking," 

"Hi, I'm actually calling regarding our offer for you girls to be a part of our Sleeping Beauty production, you know, the one Ms Epstein has probably told you about this morning." 

"We were just discussing that when you called.." 

"I also figured I should tell you girls that you may bring your boyfriends to audition for the audition, as we are struggling to find many danseurs for our male leads." 

"Ok, we'll check with our men and see if they are interested, when will we need to follow up by?" "Preferably this upcoming Friday." 

"Thank you, we'll get back to you then. Bye!" 

"See you at the auditions, and good luck." And she hung up the phone. 

"Ok girls, we've got a job to do before preparing for the audition. We need to ask our boyfriends if they are interested to audition for the roles of the 2 Kings and Prince Phillip. Deadline's by Friday girls." 

"Ah yeah, who's calling first?" 

And so the Beatlettes took turns to call their boyfriends to come to their house and discuss the ballet. 

Soon their boyfriends arrived, and almost immediately there was an intense discussion over the ballet and who was experienced enough to help the others with the dance itself before the audition. 

"I'm really lucky my dad allowed me to take some ballet lessons before I met Jo," Conner expressed. "Without the danseurs, we won't have the classic ballets as they are now, right fellas?" 

"Yeah, my ballet master once said that any ballerina would kill to have me as their male lead," Patrick chimed in. "I haven't danced since I did modeling, but I'm sure it'll come back to me." 

"Yeah me too, I mean I'm decent at it, but waltz comes more naturally to me you know what I mean?" Jonathan continued. 

However, Maurice wasn't so sure. "Like Regina, I don't know jacks**t about ballet, so I'm probably not the person for it.." 

"Don't be disheartened Mo! Corn Dog, Jono and I will help!" Patrick reassured him. "I'm sure Gigi and Paulina have agreed to help Regina and Johanna, right girls?" The Beatlettes nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I guess I could use some help to get to know the art.." 

"Yes! So it's settled then!" exclaimed Jonathan. "Polly, darling, if you could call Madame Giry-Bijou to let her know the numbers, that'll be great."

"Sure thing, Jono my love :)"

So Paulina got to the phone again, and dialed the ballerina's number. It took one minute before the call was received. 

"Hello, is this Madame Giry-Bijou?" 

"Yes, am I speaking to Paulina McCartney?" 

"Yes, I've actually called to confirm the numbers you need for the audition, all our husbands and boyfriends would be happy to audition." 

"That's wonderful, I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly."

"Yeah, and we'll see you in a month for our audition!" 

"Sweet! See you then."

Once the phone has been put down, all the Beatlettes cheered: "WE GET OUR BALLET DEBUT!!!" The guys cheered along: "AND IT'S SLEEPING BEAUTY, THE BEST BALLET IN OUR TIME!!" 

With that all the girls and their loves cheered at their big ballet break, excited at what was to come, warts and all.

TO BE CONTINUED..