(Modern Day Beatles) Beef at Coachella

Huge shout out to @TheWalrusWasRingo for the Modern Day Beatles request!

It was April 2019, when Coachella was in full swing at Indio, California. The Beatles were asked to perform there since their music was the hottest thing on the radio. The chairman, Paul Tollett, had to spend a whopping $300000 in order to persuade the Beatles to be a part of this festival.

"Um, do you reckon this thing is a bit extravagant Mr Tollett?" Paul asked, concerned that this festival would alienate their fans due to the divide between their music and the music of the other artists like Ariana Grande and Drake.

Tollet shook his head, saying: "This is, I feel, the best place by which you can launch your music for your fans live. Also, it's a great way for music fans to see for themselves which music reigns supreme, hey?"

John, eager to show the younger generation that the Beatles' music trumps all other, enthusiastically took on the challenge. "Sounds good to me, Tollett!"

When the day finally came for the 1st night of the festival, the Beatles were wowed by the scenery of Indio, as well as the artistic setting in the venue. The place was packed with teenage music fans, and there were also all the various other acts in the performance, such as Little Mix, Chicago and  Ariana Grande amongst a myriad of other singers. They were generally cordial with the Beatles, but all that was interrupted by Drake, who smugly sauntered up to the lads and showed off his tattoo of himself dissing them. John, being the typical hothead he was, was inches away from giving a smack down to the rapper when George and Ringo had to hold him back. 

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" John hissed at Drake.

"One of the best rappers in this era." the rapper replied rather smugly. George flinched internally at the sound of the word 'rapper', but he didn't show it. Ringo rolled his eyes at the drama, knowing that in the end the music played in the show and the fans' reactions will determine who reigns supreme. 

Paul meanwhile, was flirting with one of the fans he saw there, actress Dove Cameron. He was just telling her about his favourite movie of hers when her boyfriend showed up, growling quietly at him to back off. Paul, putting his hands up, backtracked to where the other lads were. By then, John, George and Ringo were in pretty foul moods themselves after having gone through that little confrontation with Drake.

"What's happened lads? You look like you've just gone through Fight Club or something!"

"It's just that egomaniac Drake..."

"Did I mention how much I hate rap?"

"He got a tattoo that outright shades us! Rude!"

"Oh no he didn't!" Paul sassed. "That cow needs to calm down!"

"No matter, all we need to do is perform right?"

"Yeah."

At that moment, Mr Tollett called all the musical acts backstage to get ready for the performance. The Beatles, as they were following Tollett, snuck a glare at Drake as he stared down at them rather patronisingly. It took Tollett and a few staff to calm them down before it was time for Ariana Grande to kickstart the festival, giving all 5 men time to cool down before they got on stage.

The performances went without a hitch for all of them, and while Drake rapped with intensity and sensuality, it was the Beatles' charm and harmonies that really made the night. And of the corner of John's eye, he could see Drake squirm at how the fans cheered louder for the lads than for him; this brought him and George a sense of satisfaction to see Drake's ego get plummeted back down to earth. 

And so Coachella went on, and the Beatles were glad that they accepted Tollett's offer in partaking in this festival.