Sights from the London Eye

Dedicating this to Malkat1969 for inspiring me to write in this series again!

It was a warm, starry night in London. The Beatles and Brian have finished a  press conference, where they once again dealt with annoying reporters and the paparazzi. After all the hustle bustle, the lads simply wanted to enjoy the London landscape.

"My oh my, how long has it been since we had any leisure in London?" Paul mused, stretching his arms as the lads walked down the streets. 

"Ever since your mother was  born?" John teased, making everyone else laugh, much to Paul's annoyance.

"C'mon John! You know better than to mock my mum?" Paul retorted. "Oh I know now! The last time we had leisure here was after that public breakdown of yours!"

Immediately John snapped out of his laughing, and was ready to sock Paul, before Brian intervened. 

"C'mon boys! Arguing and fighting won't get us any leisure! We need to calm down for a bit..."

Reluctantly, Paul and John relaxed their fists and calmed down with a few deep breaths. They were about to begin talking again when they heard George and Ringo  cry out with excitement.

"Hey guys! Tickets are on special at the London Eye! I've always wanted to get a view from there!"

Looking their way, they saw that the Ferris wheel has been illuminated a shimmering blue, which lit up the night sky in such a way that it made the scenery of London even more beautiful than it was before. 

"It really looks beautiful, doesn't it?" Paul mused, his hazel eyes gazing at the lights from the London Eye and the stars, noting how both the lights complemented each other.

"It's not like other nights we've had..." Brian murmured, remembering the late nights the lads had to undergo in order to record an album. "You know what? How about I let you guys have a ride on it?"

"Really?!" Ringo and George exclaimed, excited. "Thank you Eppy!"

"My pleasure boys." Brian smiled, leading the lads to the London Eye, where he found that the price to the London Eye has gone down by 80%, much to his and the lads' delight.

"Wow, this is a steal man..." John muttered, still shocked as to how cheap this Ferris wheel has become that night, since on a normal day it'll be ridiculously expensive to ride it. 

"Ringo! Let's get a carriage!" George called out to his friend, as he and Ringo looked around for empty carriages while Brian paid for the tickets, which surprisingly only cost $50 for all 5 of them.

Once the tickets were paid for and a carriage was found, the lads all filed into the carriage and took their seats, George next to Ringo on one end while John was in between Paul and Brian. Within seconds of the lads getting comfortable inside, the stewards closed the doors and started the engine. Then with a loud, whirring noise the London Eye began to turn, and as the Beatles and Brian got high into the night sky, they were amazed by the scenery before them.

"Wow... This look amazing doesn't it Ringo?" George asked his friend, who was at this point staring blankly into the sky in wonder. He shook Ringo a couple more times before Ringo finally got startled, accidentally falling onto George's cheek. Red faced from this accident, George and Ringo sat back onto their seats, but not without Brian, John and Paul laughing at them and cheering.

"We knew you two were a thing!" John teased, but his teasing was cut short when Paul pulled him in for a snog, only for Brian to come in between them.

"You're no better John!" George retorted, after dusting himself. "I don't know how many times I've seen you and Paul act like shameless little lovebirds!"

"Shh! Don't remind me!"

With that banter, the ride has come to a stop, and the steward ushered the lads off the carriage. Satisfied with that ride, they walked home, happy with the beautiful scenery they were treated to that day and the opportunity to bond outside of work.