(Beatlettes) Penguin Charmers

Huge shout out to GorgingGeorge for suggesting this story!

It was an icy cold day in  Antarctica. The Beatlettes have somehow wound up in this icy wasteland after some terrible misdirection from a sailor who was meant to take them to Australia combined with a nasty winter blizzard that hit the seas at the time. Initially, tensions were high amongst the girls because they were ill-prepared for the aftermath of this blizzard.

"How the heck did we end up here instead of the beaches of Australia?" Georgina asked, rather irritably. "And to do with the fact that we're unprepared for THIS kind of cold!"

"Um, even if we did go to Australia, we won't be able to enjoy the beach that much," Paulina reasoned. "You're on the rag, remember?"

Georgina's face turned instantly red, as she hated it whenever anyone reminded her that she was on her period. "Oh yeah? All that cold is making my period turn to ice, so would it make a major difference?" she hissed sarcastically.

"No I don't think so.. hey! Are those penguins I see??" Regina squealed, cutting the tension as some baby Emperor Penguins showed up.

"You're right! They ARE baby penguins!" Johanna cooed along. "They are SOO CUTE!!!"

"Forget the beach! Penguins are so much better!" Georgina and Paulina babbled happily as they saw the penguins heading their direction, as though they recognised the Beatlettes as the geniuses they were.

It took a matter of minutes before the Beatlettes were surrounded by the baby penguins making adorable little chirps. Initially there was a little confusion on how to manage the herd of penguins, but Paulina came up with the idea of playing music for them and singing with them to charm them.

"Ooh, I didn't expect to see so many penguins!" Johanna quipped. "How're we gonna get out of here?"

"Hmm, never thought about that one before," Regina commented. "Not like they can talk to us like humans can.."

"Yeah." Georgina replied.

"Wait a second, if a snake can respond to music, surely the penguins can too?" Paulina suggested.

"Sounds like fun, but if we had our instruments that'll be great.." Georgina pointed out.

"I've got some stuff in my bag!" With that, Paulina rummaged her backpack, and tossed to Johanna her harmonica and 2 kazoos to Georgina and Regina. 

"How'll we play in this blizzard though?" Johanna pointed out. "Won't our voice boxes be frozen right now?"

"You're right, we just gotta wait for the blizzard to slow so that we can warm up and play for them. In fact, I see an igloo right there!" Paulina exclaimed, as she led the Beatlettes toward the igloo, with the penguins following close behind. Georgina was initially skeptical of the fact that they'll be rammed in an igloo, especially since she was paranoid about her warm blood coming out of her  and melting the ice below them, but she just went along with it anyway. So the girls waiting in the igloo while the penguins crowded around outside  the igloo since the opening was far too small

After the blizzard slowed down, the Beatlettes went outside the igloo and began to play for the penguins, since they spent that time in the igloo warming up their voice boxes and their hands to play some instruments. They started with playing simple songs for the penguins to groove to, such as their signature hit "He Loves You" (the Beatlettes' songs here are gender-flipped from the original, pls don't judge); the penguins were soon loudly chirping along to the song and doing cute little turns along to it, that's when Johanna decided to bust a move with the penguins and do some tap dancing alongside Paulina, leading to the penguins doing the same thing, a la Happy Feet. 

It was a few cute minutes of dancing and musical fun with the penguins when they all decided that it was time for a little dance party. So everybody decided to do some jazzy and dance-y music for everyone to dance, Johanna was at one point leading a group of penguins in an epic tap dance choreography while Paulina was singing the Beatlettes' song "Another Guy" with a few the penguins singing the harmony bits with their adorable chirps. Georgina was just dancing with everyone else when she did a major sneeze and a gigantic blob of frozen blood fell down her pants. Horrified by this, she immediately kicked it into the water.

In that instant, 2 female orcas (killer whales) showed up from underneath and they were both soon drowning out the music with obnoxiously loud whale calls. The penguins squirmed as they moved further away from the edge, out of fear that the orcas would try to eat them. One of the orcas immediately dived headfirst into the water, wetting everybody else in the process, and stuck out her tail, shaking it as if to tease Georgina over her having her period, she shook it as if to say "Nyeh nyeh, you've got a period!" But laughably, that didn't last very long, as the blob of blood thawed in the water, and as if the orcas could smell the blood, quickly retreated and swam far away from where they all were.

Regina, relived that the orcas were now gone, soon called out: 

"Now that those obnoxious whales are out of here, let's get back to our singing hey?"

"Yeah! Lets!" the remaining Beatlettes called out.

"I'm just relieved that we didn't get eaten by those whales earlier.." Georgina mused as she joined everybody else in their dance party. And they danced the night away, really amused by how everything went for them that day.

Sorry I took longer than usual to publish this story, it takes a while to assimilate back into uni life :p Which adventure around the world do you wanna see next? Please leave your comments below or send me a message! Till then, much love xx