(Fat Beatles) Buffet at the High School Gala

Huge shout out to GorgingGeorge for suggesting this chapter!

(Pretend for this oneshot that John didn't know either George or Paul, it'll make sense throughout the story)

It was prom season. Or more specifically, the Liverpool High School Gala. Teens all over Liverpool were eager to get a date for this major event. John didn't need to do very much searching for a date, he already had his sweetheart Cynthia to go to prom with him. 

"Hey Cynnie... um, since there is a huge gala for all of Liverpool, I was thinking, do you want to be my date for this once in a lifetime ball?"

"Yes Johnny! I'd love to be your princess tonight!"

Paul and George on the other hand, were not so lucky. They were recently dumped by their girlfriends for other boys with a little more meat on them, so they eventually decided on going together as friends.

"UGH!! Why did our girls have to dump us Paul! And during prom season too!"

"Apparently fat is in now... But honestly though, if they cared more about looks than personality, then they don't deserve us anyway!"

"Yeah I guess you're right. But how'll we get a date now for this gala?"

"I don't really think we need a date in order to go to this gala, unless, you want to go with me? Y'know, as friends?"

"Y'know, that sounds pretty awesome actually! Hey yeah! That sounds pretty good... Only, no one's gonna think we're gay, right?"

"Surely not! C'mon to my place, we've got stuff to do!"

And so the weeks went on before the gala, John and Cynthia had little problems getting ready for the gala, the only real problem for those two was trying to get a proper suit for John, as he had a little bit of pudge that he felt the need to hide, and Cynthia constantly tried to coax him out of it, convincing him eventually to just go with whatever fit him without feeling the need to hide his flaws. Conversely, it wasn't too difficult for Paul and George to get ready, they simply borrowed each other's shirts and ties where necessary.

"Dude, does this tie make me look dead?"

"No, Georgie! I think you look rather manly in it, if you ask me!"

"Thank you Paulie!" George replied, hugging his friend. "How about this top for you? I think it brings out the knight in you..."

After a few minutes,

"How do I look?"

"Ooh! My man! You're a STUNNER! With that top, and a body like that you'll make your ex feel stupid for dumping ya!"

"You too Georgie. Now let's so slay this ball!"

And soon the night arrived for the gala. It was PACKED, to say the least. Teens from all over Liverpool attended this event, and it was so packed it covered the news.

John and Cynthia looked especially beautiful together, with Cynthia's beautiful silver gown and John's tuxedo, the sight of them both together was endearing to everyone there, the love that radiated between the two was almost ethereal to see, and the fact that they only had eyes for each other was just pure adorableness on the ballroom floor.

Meanwhile, Paul and George were making waves with the camaraderie present between the two as they sauntered into the ballroom in their suits; a few mistook them for gay, others were more in awe of their bond and how they seemed to be twinsies in the way they were behaving when they entered the ballroom. Along the way, they happened to bump into their exes, who had just finished shoving their tongues into their new dates' mouths, leaving a nasty aftertaste in each their mouths, prompting them to simply find their designated spot in the ballroom tables.

And so the Gala went on, it was relatively fancy with dancing and lots of talks; while John and Cynthia were just going with it with their eyes still on each other, Paul and George were far more comfortable just joking around with each other and stuffing each other's faces with the butter slabs that was meant for the fancy bread.

"Open wide Georgie..." Paul would go before slipping a slab of butter into his friend's mouth.

"Uhsjsbnrm..." George mumbled with his mouth full, doing the exact same thing to Paul, and before too long, this kerfuffle became a mini butter fight. However, the sight of the gourmet buffet that was unmasked before them made the two of them stop dead in their tracks and salivate over the food.

When John and Cynthia went to get some food, John being the gentleman he was insisted that he get something for himself and Cynthia to share, especially with the desserts.

"Aww Cynnie! Let me get you the best, cos after all, you deserve ONLY the best!"

"Awww Johnny! You deserve the best too! Here, let me get you some hors d'oeurves!"

"Thank you my lovely!"

"Anything for my love."

Meanwhile, Paul and George were just grabbing at the steaks and the chips, shoving chips into each others faces. They also grabbed the bowls of ice cream until they couldn't hold anymore and had to head back to the table.

Interestingly enough, while the meal was going on, the King and Queen for the gala was announced. Unsurprisingly, because of the almost tangible love shown between John and Cynthia, they were almost unanimously voted Gala King and Queen. While this was going on, Paul and George were on the other end of the ballroom, stuffing their faces with the food while blindly clapping for the new Gala King and Queen. As they ate, the boys began to balloon up to ridiculous proportions, ripping their shirts to bits and enlarging those triple chins.

When all the inflation was done, Paul let out a satisfied burp alongside George who followed suit seconds later. Upon that they fist-bumped each other again. When their exes saw how much meat they have gained that night, they immediately tried to get them back, but Paul and George, having seen how shallow they were, rebuffed their sorry asses.

"Nuh uh! You had me before you dumped me because apparently I wasn't 'fat enough' for ya, so now you ain't getting any of this booty!" Paul and George sassed to their exes, much to their chagrin, and the girls marched back to their dates, almost too drunk to walk back properly.

"Y'know, I had enough fun, should we get home and chill?" Paul asked George.

"Yeah!! Let's get to your place, and play Cowboys and Indians ALL NIGHT LONG!!"

"YEAH!!"

So while John and Cynthia lapped up the spotlight for their adorable love story and newfound status amongst the high school hierarchy, Paul and George simply headed to the former's place to enjoy a night of pure camaraderie between the two friends.