(Fat Beatles) Dinner with the Everly Brothers

The Beatles were excited one Friday night in 1964, as they were in Texas for a holiday when the Everly Brothers came to town. The Everly Brothers were one of the Beatles' greatest influences; John and Paul have toyed around with their harmonies to match the Everlys' in their songs. So when word got around that the Everlys were performing a gig in Texas that night, the Beatles enthusiastically got ready to see their idols.

"OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GET TO MEET THE EVERLY BROTHERS!" George and Paul gushed giddily.

"I just bought one of their records, and I want to get it signed!" Ringo chirped.

"Better yet, I WANNA MEET THEM BACKSTAGE!" John exclaimed. And the four lads from Liverpool had a serious fanboy moment in their Texas cottage resort before heading out to the concert.

Soon they were in Stone Valley Texas Music Park, where the Everly Brothers were performing their gig. They performed some of their major hits, including Wake Up Little Susie, Cathy's Clown and  All I Have to Do is Dream. The Beatles were singing to the top of their lungs to the songs along with the other fans in the audience, but nothing quite beat the joy they felt when the Everlys announced that they would be performing a cover of the Beatles' music. The older brother, Don Everly announced:

"Thank you! We'd like to cover this next song by the Beatles from England, they've made it big here you know? This song is called All My Loving!" At that, the Beatles were whooping and cheering in the audience, as they just couldn't believe that their idols were covering their song.

"THEY'RE COVERING OUR SONG! THINGS REALLY DON'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!!" Paul squealed with delight. 

"Ok calm down, Macca. You don't want to drown out the song!" soothed John, also trying to contain his excitement over his musical idols covering his band's music.

The Everly Brothers soon started the song in their sublime harmonies, singing:

'Close your eyes, and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you. Remember I'll always be true.."

While this was going on, the Beatles were all singing in perfect unison with the Everlys, even Ringo, as he's also really excited about seeing the Everlys live and singing the band's music. When the song ended, the Beatles cheered the absolute loudest, as though they just reached heaven, so loud that the Everlys saw them from amongst the audience! At this, the younger brother Phil motioned for one of the guards to go tell the boys something. Within minutes, the guard called John to him and whispered something into his ear. After that, a very excited John giddily tiptoed back to his friends and shout-whispered to them:

"THE EVERLYS WANT TO MEET US BACKSTAGE!!"

"OMG!! SOMEBODY PINCH ME!" George exclaimed. To prove this wasn't a dream, Paul pinched him gently by the ear, and as soon as George found that it was real, he was cheering along with the others.

Soon the guard called out to the Beatles and led them backstage, where the Everly Brothers were waiting. 

"Oh my gosh. It's really you! I've wanted to meet you two for years!" Paul and John rambled, clearly starstruck by the sight of their idols.

"Hello Don and Phil, I'm a big fan, may I please have your autograph?" Ringo asked, presenting his recently bought A Date with The Everly Brothers album. The Brothers happily obliged.

"It's always amazing to meet our fans, and we're pretty impressed with how you lads did on the Ed Sullivan show not too long ago!"

"You mean.. you watched it too?" George asked rather coyly. 

"Of course! It was the hottest thing on TV, and your music made the girls scream in a way that ours don't, and we love how you guys make all of your own music!"