(Beatlettes) Sleeping Beauty Ballet (Part 3)

The week passed, and it wasn't very long before the Beatlettes and their boyfriends had to go for the Sleeping Beauty audition in the Royal Ballet Company Headquarters. All 8 of them entered the building in their tights and tutus, hoping it will score them extra brownie points.

"I really hope our efforts pay off, we haven't eaten much in weeks!" Georgina exclaimed. 

"Is food really on your mind right now Gigi?" Johanna asked, frustrated. "If we don't do this well, not only do we let Brianna down, we'll never be taken seriously by the upper class snobs! Is that what you want?" 

"C'mon Jo, no need to be so harsh on her, while this might be our one chance to prove ourselves worthy of the upper class' approval, but are you going to bash one of us just to attain our goal?" Paulina reasoned. 

Johanna, realizing the way she would've disheartened the younger ballerina, quickly apologized: "Look, I'm sorry Gigi, I shouldn't have lashed out at you like this.." 

"Hey, it's fine, though I would really appreciate a major feast for all of us once the ballet is completed." 

"Consider it done." Johanna replied with a smile. 

"Ok girls, you ready for this?" Conner asked. 

"Ready as we'll ever be! Let's do this thang!" the Beatlettes all cheered. So all 8 of them proceeded to the auditorium, where the Sleeping Beauty auditions were held.

The place was packed. It was as though the Beatlettes' involvement with the production has spawned more auditionees, including aspiring danseurs. Within that sea of people, Johanna spotted a familiar  face: their former drummer before Regina, Penelope Best. Now Penelope has nursed a grudge against the Beatlettes due to her replacement, but she felt particularly spiteful towards Regina, since she missed out on the Beatlettes' rise to fame after Regina took her place in the band.

Wanting to crush Regina enough that she'd quit the audition, she sauntered up to the Beatlettes and smugly sneered: 

"Regina Starr. You may have taken my drumming spot, but I'll crush you in this audition! Just you wait." 

"Don't you dare say anything else to her Penelope! She only got acquainted with ballet a month ago, and she's amazing!" 

"Exactly, she only had a MONTH. I have been doing this for 7 years now!" 

"That's not much better, Polly and Gigi have been doing this for almost 17 years now, and they're practically prima donnas in their madame's eyes!" Regina hissed. 

"Who said you can answer back at me you wench?!" 

With that, Johanna wasn't taking anymore of this and grabbed at Penelope's hair, warning: "If you make such snide remarks at us like this again, I don't know what I'll do to you!" 

"Bring it on! I want nothing more than to see you b**ches fall from grace!" 

The cat fight would've escalated to thug territory, if it wasn't for Georgina and a senior staff in the ballet pulling the 2 girls off each other, and the latter warning: 

"If you two girls don't quit this now, both of you would be barred from auditioning! Do I make myself clear?" 

"Yes, ma'am.." they mumbled grumpily. The Beatlettes and their men moved away to avoid anymore drama, but not before Penelope managed to slip in one more sarcastic 'good luck' toward the Beatlettes, Regina in particular. It took Conner and Paulina to stop Johanna from attempting to cat fight her again.

Soon the auditions went rather smoothly, the highlight of the auditions was Georgina and Patrick's auditions, as they got to simultaneously audition for the ballet by dancing the forest encounter part after being allowed to improvise their ballet parts according to the narration given by Madame Giry-Bijou. The others didn't do too badly either, Johanna was tested based on the moves called out that she needed to replicate; Conner and Jonathan got to improvise their parts in battling the dragon separately; Paulina and Regina got to test out the part of the two fairies Flora and Fauna; while Regina and Maurice got to try the role of the king and queen, especially in Act 1. It didn't appear too badly for Penelope though, she seemed to play the role of Maleficent with much charisma and flair. As the Beatlettes and their men left the auditorium after they finished their auditions, Johanna muttered darkly and sarcastically: