In The Code

Cub opened his eyes. The void was pressing again his skin, slowly choking him. What had happened? The last thing he remembered was placing a crystal of Vex Magic in the middle of X's base. He searched his mind for answers, but the only other things he could remember were:

1) He was Cubfan, Cub for short, and

2) His best friend was an amazing person called Scar.

He couldn't remember what this 'Scar' person looked like, but Cub's memories assured him that Scar was the best. Realising that his situation was starting to hurt, he decided to try and get out of the void. He steadied himself, ready to fly up. Only problem, he didn't know where 'up' was.

He picked a direction, and tried to drift towards that way. Unfortunately, he had no point of reference, so he  couldn't tell whether or not he was moving. He kept trying, though, and eventually something began to materialise in front of him. A castle of some sort just drifted there. Perhaps he could find out more if he visited it.

As he approached it, gravity kicked in. Hard. Thankfully, the pressing, constricting nothing of the void was gone. He stood up, and pushed open the door. He was instantly pulled by green string of what appeared to be words. They were in another alphabet, so it was hard to tell.

He turned around to escape, but the door had vanished. The green lines of text drifted around him, performing a dance of sorts. Slowly, they began to shift into a language he could read, and so he looked at some of the lines, seeing if he could piece things together.

"Xisumavoid.status: Insane." Xisumavoid... the name was familiar. Cub couldn't put his finger on it though.

As he read the next one ("The_Grifter.gamemode: Spectator") Cub's arm brushed against it. It burned itself into his skin, and the other strings of text linked together with it to form a chain, leading somewhere or other. He saw that his hand was beginning to dissolve into similar strings, and he blacked out.

Meanwhile, y'all're arguing about grammar. Wouldn't it be great to be like me, and b͞eco̕m̕e the gr̷a͢mm͜a͏r̛ ̸y͘o̕u͘'͞r̶e͝ s͟o͏ i͏ns̵i̢stent ͠up̧on͢ ̵co̵r͡r̸e͟ct͟i͡ng͡?͘

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

The two remaining figures of authority paced around the oddly empty meeting room.

"We need to do something about the Cubfan situation."

"Aren't X and EX more of a concern right now?"

"Cub's been missing for longer."

"Fair point. Look, maybe we can look in the code for him."

"What, by accessing his data, and therefore his coordinates?"

"Exactly."

"But when? When can we be safe doing it?"

"Here, now. You guard me if they come in."

"You think I can hold off the Void twins?"

"I know you can. Going under in three... two... one..."

"Tango!"

But Joe was too late to stop the demon entering the code.

Now, a little bit about entering the code. You don't need to enter the code to use admin commands and powers, but you do need to go in there to create mods and look up player data. It's basically like going afk, but instead of zoning out, you enter a sort of virtual code-world.

Shall we see what Tango's up to?

As soon as Tango entered the code world, he noticed something off. There were less strands of code than usual, and he couldn't pull up any data. He drifted around, trying to find the root of the problem. And the he saw it. The massive pillar, made purely of green text.

He followed it to its root to see none other than Cub, chained up by code and unconscious, slowly being consumed by code. Tango quickly set to work undoing Cub, convincing the code to let the Vex go.

He hurried out, carrying Cub bridal-style to the exit point. He closed his eyes, and concentrated on waking up. As his eyes popped open in the real world, he saw Cub materialise. Minus his left hand.

Tango tried to shake Cub awake, and he got a sleepy groan of pain in reply. He looked around to ask Joe to help, and then realised that the poet had mysteriously vanished.

Hey do y'all want me to continue? If so I'll move these chapters to a separate book.

OdalRune, signing off from the past!