Shooting Stars - Part 2

So I'm doing a 50 followers special. Part 1 is in my A/N book, and Part 3 will be coming out in my A/N book tomorrow.

Doc walked up the hill, telescope in hand. There was supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, and he, Ren and Iskall were not gonna miss a moment of it! Doc waved as he saw Iskall fly in with the tents and Ren rush up, out of breath, with the picnic basket.

They set up camp, and chilled for a bit, before Ren threw down a campfire and began cooking for the trio. He took his food off while it was slightly less cooked, getting a nod from Iskall as the Swede noticed the wolffish tendency.

They ate together, discussing how much they were looking forward to the evening, remarking on the beauty of the sunset, complete with the stunning pinkish hues of the clouds. Iskall looked a little too close at the sunset, and glanced away moments later, trying to blink away the afterimage.

"Don't look at the laser with your remaining eye!" Ren cautioned, chuckling as he put his sunglasses down.

As the moon slowly passed over the horizon, Doc and Iskall watched the stars, trying to spot constellations. Ren pulled out a book, and loudly declared the 'tour of the night sky', before struggling to find Cassiopeia. The trio laughed it off, as Doc and Ren began to jokingly squabble about Ren's astronomical ability.

"It's starting!" An excited Swedish voice broke through the mild chit-chat.

Iskall was stood up, pointing at the night sky. Sure enough, shooting stars arced over the stars, over the moon. Ren counted 50 in total, a nicely round number. Well, at least some things in this universe were perfect. Like this night with his two closest friends.

Before he knew it, Ren's eyes were slowly flickering closed. He smiled , curling up around as he began to slip into sleep. He barely managed to mumble a goodnight before he was out like a lightbulb.

Because all y'all're shooting stars in my eyes. This is dedicated to all 50 (actually 51 now, hi Athena) of you amazing people. This really made my day. Here's to 50 followers, and to the future!

OdalRune, signing off from the past!