Dance With The Devil

Tango tossed a rock into the waters at his feet. He watched his reflection ripple and blur, until it was fogged out entirely. Just like his identity.

Who was he? Some upstart demon who happened to be good at iron farms? A thief who had simply lived too long? He didn't know. He stood up, watching the day spin past.

He'd been alive for a grand 1000 years. Almost 1001. His heart sank whenever he realised that nobody had known it was his millennium. Not Zed, not Impulse, nobody.

He didn't hear Impulse land behind him. Nether did he expect to see the makeover his friend had undergone. He grinned as Impulse pulled out a rose from the bunch, and held out his hand.

"You seem down. Care to dance it away?"

"I couldn't."

"It takes two to Tango."

"You shouldn't dance with the devil, though."

"Good thing you're just a demon, then."

"Alright, you got me there."

The two smiled at each other as Impulse put on some music. They danced together, knowing every step by heart. It was their favourite way to cheer up a team ZIT member who felt down.

Eventually, the two stopped to lay on the grass, laughing. Tango's times were give for the moment. He even relaxed his disguise, assuming his natural demonic form.

Just to drive Impulse up the wall, he switched to the layered voice for the rest of their happy little conversation, which had its intended effect. Eventually, though, Tango felt tired and fell asleep in the grass. Impulse carried him to a bed, ruching him in and leaving for his own projects.

Tango didn't question the flower crown when he woke up.

I know, I know. I should work on something plot-relevant. But these cute little moments of pure friendship are just... Yes.
OdalRune, signing off from the past!