Lightning Fast

You know, something similar may have happened in Duplication, if a different choice had been made.

Doc laughed as Grian flew through the sky above him. He was keeping the other hermit company while the others were in a UHC, because he didn't want Grian to be alone. Also, who knows what an unsupervised Grian can get up to.

Grian flew higher up into the clouds gathering in the sky before taking a sudden dive, falling past Doc. Letting out an angered noise, Doc turned and drew back his trident, putting it away as he felt the familiar crackle of electricity gather around it. A storm was coming.

Doc flew downwards, shouting the change in plans to Grian. As he landed, running a few steps as he hit the ground, he turned and saw Grian being buffeted about by the gathering winds as the sound of thunder grew closer and closer. Raindrops began to fall, and Grian was trapped in winds so strong they could even defeat someone of his flying ability.

Out of the blue, there was a crash of drums, a flash of light. Grian yelped as the electricity enveloped him, then promptly lost consciousness. He began to plummet, the wind letting him drop, only lightly tousling his hair.

It was as if time itself had slowed down. Screaming, Doc grabbed a rocket, the wind now against him, and flew to catch Grian. He caught the other in midair, losing his balance and falling. Defeated, he tried to steer their fall towards water, landing in one of the entrances to Happy Coral. Gathering himself, he carried Grian to the nearest shelter, Sad Coral, and collapsed.

Time Skip brought to you by Codename: Daydream

Doc glanced at the bed. Grian still hadn't woken up, and the burn scars were visible. He needed to do something different, but he'd tried everything. Healing potions, golden apples, regen potions, regen beacons, everything. Clicking his tongue, he went to brew another batch of healing potions k since they were better than nothing.

Dream Shift brought to you by Codename: Universe

Grian had been wandering this strange maze for days. Is this what Hermitcraft UHCs were like? He chuckled to himself, and couldn't figure out what was so funny. He'd been having moments like this, where his head seemed to freak out, since he'd arrived in the maze.

When he calmed down, he noticed the area in front of him was shadowy and mysterious. Curious, he walked into the shadows. And then it was as if something had seized him. He couldn't move, and he noticed lines of purple lightning travelling up his arm, ripping him up.

He blacked out from the pain, and didn't wake up.

Dream Shift brought to you by Codename: Trident

Doc burst into the room, hearing gasping. Grian wasn't awake, as Doc had hoped. He was hyperventilating, shaking lightly. Doc dropped everything, and rushed in to see if there was anything he could do. 

Doc activated the medical scan in his arm, his heart plummeting as it revealed just how critical the situation was. Grian was dying, then and there. His life signs were all over the place, and getting worse by the minute- nay, by the second.

Doc kept glancing between the scan and the brewing stand. The potions were taking too long, Grian was slipping away too quickly. Doc was forced to watch as first Grian's heartbeat sped up, went uneven, and then ceased. His breathing cut off moments later. Grian's brain activity deteriorated, fading into nothing.

The brewing stand finished, and Doc desperately grabbed the potion, forcing it down Grian's throat. Grian didn't swallow it, and Doc realised the brutal truth. Grian was gone. Doc would have to hold his funeral.

Time Skip brought to you by Codename: Othala

False woke up, victorious grin plastered on her face. The other Hermits congratulated her on her victory, especially her success in taking out Cleo with an anvil, of all things. X messaged Doc and Grian to say they were back. After a few minutes of no response however, people began to get concerned.

Iskall rushed through the portal, distressed. They'd been all over the server, and there was no sign of their missing friends. Mumbo and Ren followed after, concerned. Iskall ran through Hermitville, calling for Doc and Grian, but with no response. Until he spotted what appeared to be Doc's arm by a new grave in the Hermitville cemetery.

Iskall rushed over to the green arm, waving Mumbo and Ren over. Sure enough, there was Doc, passed out on a half-filled grave. Ren gently woke Doc up, who fell into Ren's shoulder, crying and apologising. Mumbo let out a quiet gasp as he saw the headstone.

Here lies Grian.

He flew so high, he fell from the sky.

May he rest in peace.

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. This isn't part of the main timeline, btw.

OdalRune, signing off from the past!