Eavesdropping Is Actually A Bad Idea.

I need to credit KeichiAkechi for this one, it's from the story ideas chapter. Enjoy!

Cub ran his fingers over the trident poking out of his stomach. Yep, that was blood. He braced himself for the agony of the trident coming out, curse the loyalty enchantment, but it never came.

Looking up with blurry, tear-filled eyes, he saw someone in a brown jacket standing over him. Scar. Cub smiled weakly, in the hopes of repairing their friendship, but he knew it was pointless.

Laughing, he realised just how lightheaded he was. The taste of blood filled his mouth as his world began to grow dark. The last thing he felt was someone taking his hand, last thing he wondered was how this had even come to pass.

And how did it happen? Let's go back in time a couple days to take a look, shall we?

Doc was flying over Hermit Land when he spotted Scar and Grian having a conversation. Now, he knew that he shouldn't eavesdrop, but the overlords were curious too. So that was, in his opinion, a valid excuse.

He flew behind the nearest minigame, shifting to hide. His hiding spot was too far to hear the conversation clearly, but he could make out bits and pieces of it.

"Yeah, of course I'd join the hippies." Scar was saying. Doc couldn't make out Scar's tone, and was instantly worried. But before he could leave, Scar days something that made Doc's blood run cold.

"We're all Architechs deep down, aren't we?"

Scar was working for Sahara. And he wanted to join the hippies. Or, at least, that was the conclusion that Doc drew from the matter. Doc took off, in some distress.

"Honestly, I think that some of us are engineers, not architects." Grian remarked, watching Doc fly overhead.

"No. Really." Scar replied in a terrible attempt at sarcasm. He wasn't very good at sarcasm in general.

Joe watches Doc fly across the sky from his home in Hermitville, before initiating a Time Skip.

Cub sat in the new park at ConCorp, proud of his accomplishments. His afternoon was thoroughly spoiled, however, when one Doctor M 77 came out of the sky at an alarming speed.

Doc recounted what he'd overhead to the startled Vex, leading Cub's surprise to turn into rage. Cub grabbed Doc by the elbow and activated a teleportation spell.

They landed in front of Scar, who gave thema cheery, oblivious wave. He received the point of a sword to his throat for his troubles. Doc and Cub tried to interrogate him, but he didn't know any of the answers.

Eventually, frustrated, Cub attacked Scar with a blast of Vex magic. Stunned and injured, Scar staggered back, running before vanishing into a teleportation spell.

Scar woke up the next morning in a woodland mansion with a pounding headache. He vaguely remembered fear, a storm, and feeling welcome, but nothing more.

He wandered around, settling down in a library. He was about to pick up a book when he noticed something shiny in the back of the room. Walking over to it, he saw it was a silver mirror.

He brushed the surface with his fingertips, surprised when it rippled. He cautiously pushed his hand through, stepping into the void behind the shiny surface. As he did so, a voice boomed in his head.

"Welcome, Scar. We have been expecting you."

"Who- who are you?"

"We are the vex. We saw that you were harmed, and took pity. This mirror has the power to allow revenge on those who hurt you."

"What kind of revenge?"

"As sweet as sugar."

"Sign me up."

And it was done. There was a cracking sound, and Scar found himself flying out at a ridiculous velocity. He looked up, finding he was back in the library. And the mirror was gone.

Scar stayed for a couple more hours in the mansion before heading out, bidding thanks to his gracious hosts as he left. He cast a teleportation spell, vanishing and reappearing back home.

He could feel a strange tension in the air, but dismissed it as nothing more than nerves. He made up his mind to ask Cub and Doc what they even wanted to know from him.

A breeze flutters past in a final moment of peace before the Time Skip brings the end.

It had been a hell of a week, and not in a good way. Arguments were erupting more and more across the server, competitions got less and less friendly, and the tension wouldn't stop rising.

Scar was there when it broke. He was going to ask Cub and Doc why they attached him when they began a shouting match. It lasted for about a minute, before Doc went silent, pulling out his trident.

Before Scar could do anything, it was embedded in Cub's stomach.

I blame Keichi, this is Keichi's fault, you cannot convince me otherwise.
This is from Keichi's latest chapter, 'story ideas', so big credit there.
OdalRune, signing off from the past!