Sherlock Cub

Cub softly landed in Grian's base, immediately looking around for the hermit who had summoned him here. The area he'd landed in held a literal chest monster, which caused Cub to chuckle a little. You can't hang out with Scar as long as Cub has without the concept of the chest monster becoming at least a little bit funny.

Grian shot up from the floor below, holding a shulker box. Cub looked at him curiously as he drifted down next to Cub. Grian placed the shulker on the ground, quickly checking its contents. Cub couldn't resist taking a peek at what was in the box over Grian's shoulder; it appeared to be all of Grian's Sherlock things. Cub suddenly realised why he was here.

"Cub." Grian's voice shook Cub out of his thoughts. "As I'm sure you are aware, I'm leaving the season... Tomorrow afternoon, I believe."

Cub nodded, pretending to not know where this was going, partially because it was a responsibility he felt that he couldn't accept, what with everything else he was balancing.

"You're a smart person." Grian continued. "One of the most observant, careful people on the server."

"And... What do those two statements have in common?" Cub asked, trying to maintain his cool and casual veneer.

"Sherlock Grian. You see, without me on the server, there needs to be a new Sherlock. And I can't think of anyone better for the job than you."

Cub involuntarily chuckled, his suspicions confirmed. "I think there are plenty of people better at this than me."

"Tell me, how quickly did you figure out the Jangler case?"

"That doesn't count. I know Scar personally. I noticed how he was acting."

"What about season four, with the Logfellas?"

"Y-you weren't there. It was nothing."

"Doc tells me that in season five, you were the first to make sense of his ramblings after he escaped the jungle."

"That was a lucky guess."

"A lucky guess that nobody else could've made. Cub. You're the perfect Sherlock for this server."

"I'm not. You are."

"But I'm leaving."

Cub sighed. "Fine. But I don't think I'll do a good job."

"You just need to act confident, and keep focused, then you'll be fine." Grian assured Cub.

Time Skip brought to you by Joe's British impression.

Cub sat back in his chair. It felt strange, being here and not just being a guest. He adjusted his scarf for the umpteenth time, trying to assure himself that he deserved to be in this position.

He watched people fly about the shopping district, trying to guess what they were up to. He saw Iskall go into Big Logz Inc., then pop out a few minutes later balancing a few shulker boxes. Probably working on their base and needed some more stripped oak. Nevermind that Iskall could've found pre-stripped logs on the USS Undercut.

He watched as Iskall made their way across the shopping district, deep in thought. Suddenly, they looked up at a tree, startled, and speedwalked the rest of the way to Sahara. Cub turned his back on the window, and began to pace his office, still doubting himself. He adjusted his scarf again. It was becoming a nervous habit to do that, he noticed.

Suddenly, yet also somehow a few minutes later, the doorbell went off. Cub rushed to his chair, trying his best to look professional. His first case on his first day. He wondered who it would be and what needed solving. He hoped it'd be something easy.

Whoa. What. I updated? Impossible.
Anyway, yeah. Sherlock Cub (Thanks to my survey victims for helping me decide exactly what to call him) is now canon, at least until s7.
OdalRune, signing off from the past!