Life, Pancakes And Glory

I opened my eyes, feeling my wings unfurl on my back. The sunlight blinded me. How I missed it. I took a running leap, diving down to the water's surface. My wings forgot to flap, and I fell. I didn't even hear the wind over my own screams.

Demons aren't supposed to fear death. Death isn't usually the kind of thing on the agenda for the likes of us. But I used to be mortal. And in that moment, I genuinely thought I was going to die.

Going under the water, feeling my lungs filling with the muddy water of the lake, the struggle and failure to swim upwards, it all happened at once. The cold numbed to the pain at least.

My eyelids grew heavy as I lay there, on the glass ceiling of my base. It was probably the old fast healing kicking in, but how could I have known. I drifted off, despite my struggles, letting the cool embrace of sleep overcome me.

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. A ceiling of glaring quartz stared down at me as I looked around at the wooden bedposts surrounding me, and the yellow stripes on the walls. Impulse.

Sure enough, he was there, wearing some kind of weird flower crown, which he was cutting flowers out of. He noticed me, and smiled.

"So you came back?"

"Yeah."

I sat up, sightly dizzy. I wondered where all the water in my lungs had gone. Right. Magic. 637 years and I still hadn't quite figured it out. Well, that's life.

Life, pancakes and glory.

That was... Well.

Autocorrect, signing off from the past!