The Potion (Part 4 of 5)

Previously, on Hermitcraft Oneshots:

He resolved to go apologise and check on the others, getting up out of bed and leaving the bunker.

And now, the continuation.

Lynx soon realised that he didn't know where they'd be. He decided to check up and down the bunker first. He poked at the pineapple curiously. He stared at BDubs' decapitated head in confusion. He took one look at Scara Junior and swore to take care of her. He saw the salmon villager, and ran away, definitely not screaming his head off. But he didn't find Cub, or even Doc.

He cautiously made his way into s3, looking around. There was nothing... There was nothing... There was something. Lynx screamed. It was a giant sock monkey thing. He then apologised, why would he be afraid of this sweet thing? He loved it.

And then he snapped out of it and ran, wondering what the hell just happened. Cub wasn't in s3. That meant he'd be elsewhere in Area 77. Where? Vex knows.

Lynx forayed outside the hangar, the wind whipping at him. He saw a treeline, and made for it. It'd be shelter from the weather, even if it led absolutely nowhere. So therefore Lynx decided it would be the best place to be.

He wandered through the woods, and got thoroughly lost. He wondered if he'd left Area 77 or something. He didn't know, and he was sort of afraid. Nonetheless, he pushed on. Maybe he'd find someone who could help him find Doc and Cub. Maybe he'd just find them himself. But he had to do something, or he'd just stay lost.

He found a campsite, where he found some of Cub's things. There was a photo of Cub and another man, presumably Scar, smiling together. Lynx took it, and set off into the woods once more.

Lynx gasped as something small and furry rubbed up against his leg. He looked down, and saw a small grey and white cat. He smiled, as if he knew the cat; she did seem to know him. He pet her, and seemed to get her favourite spot right first time. Something in the back of his head seemed to wake up.

"Hey there." He said to the cat, smiling. "Have you seen Doc and Cub?"

The cat meowed, then ran off through the woods. Lynx followed her, hoping that she was showing him the way. Soon they arrived at an interesting modern build, labelled with the letters HIB. The cat sat by the door, looking at Lynx expectantly.

He went up to the door, quietly thanking the cat, and knocked. He heard Doc yelp in surprise, before the door was opened. Doc seemed to notice the cat before Lynx, picking her up and petting her. Lynx could make out the name 'Jellie'. Doc then looked at Lynx, nodded, and let him in.

Cub wasn't looking good. He was laying in bed, sick and delirious. Whatever Lynx had done, it'd messed up Cub something awful. It made Lynx feel all twisted and horrible. As if Cub wasn't just anyone to him. As if Cub were his closest, oldest and dearest friend. He didn't even notice the single tear he shed.

Lynx took Cub's hand in his own, and whispered an apology. Cub smiled at him weakly.

Lynx was suddenly aware of the presence of another. Doc. Lynx felt his hair bristle, just from the atmosphere Doc brought in with him. Lynx let go of Cub's hand, anticipating what was likely to come.

"You know," snarked the creeper hybrid, as Lynx turned, looking him dead in the mechanical eye, "Scar would never do that. Not to Cub. Not to his friend." Doc emphasised the possessive, as if Lynx weren't allowed to share friends with Scar.

"Yeah, well guess what!?" Lynx's face became a fanged grimace as his tone became short.

"What?"