A Meeting Of Two Vex

"Take this."

Cub slid the mask across the table at Scar. He winced as it tapped the tips of his fingers. He picked it up, remembering how it felt to wear it. Perfectly molded to his face, there was no need to tie it on to his face. He looked up at Cub, his eyes shimmering with guilt.

"What does it mean to you?" The other Vex inquired, in an assertive tone.

"I- it means..." Scar stuttered, nervous.

"WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU?" Cub slammed the table, a vein pulsing in the side of his head. "Because from where I'm standing, it looks like it means nothing."

"It represents us. The ConVex. We're a team, through everything." He put the mask on to emphasise his point, blinking rapidly as its features fused with his own.

"Except through this, clearly. You know how expensive those drones were. Why?"

"Cub... there's something I need to show you."

Just a brief lil' Time Skip.

"You... kept it."

Cub stared, dumbfounded at what met his eyes at the bottom of the pit. It looked like a demented mutant sock monkey, if Cub was being entirely honest. Scar grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

"You kept it, and haven't died yet." Cub's voice was half-anger, half-pleased surprise.

"Yeah, yet." Scar muttered, quietly telling himself off for the stupidity of this suicide mission.

"Ignoring the blatant violation of protocol here for a second, that's impressive." Cub remarked, suppressing a grin.

"We were actually about to move it to Area 77." Scar explained, relaxing a little.

"And there you go again." Cub's tone suddenly soured.

"What?" Scar turned to face Cub, wholly confused by the turn the conversation had taken.

"Always Area 77 this, Area 77 that. You never talk about anything else. If anything, I think you need a bit of fresh air." Cub complained, quite embittered.

"Excuse me! Area 77 has become a passion project. It is my breath of fresh air." Scar retorted, indignance fueling his words.

"Oh yeah? Away from what?" Cub snapped, adopting an almost sarcastic tone.

"Oh I don't know, maybe you."

There was an uncomfortable silence between the two as the air almost lcracked with the charges of Vex magic the two were building up.

"Take that back."

"No."

"I said take that back!"

"And I said no!"

"I said take- Scar!"

Scar slipped over the edge of the the pit, screaming a yelp of surprise. His hand met Cub's, grasping for dear life. The alien snapped at Scar's heels as he screamed in fear, Cub struggling to pick him back up. He stumbled out of the hole, running to X, and apologising. But thankfully, all was forgiven, and all were okay. For now.

Hope y'all enjoy! I'm kinda tired, so there's probably a few mistakes here and there,

OdalRune, signing off from the past!