The Drouble With Drabbles

Drabble: A fic that is precisely 100 words long. Have 6 of them, all concepts that can be expanded upon.

1. The Lag District
I woke up. This wouldn't normally be unusual, but here we are. God, my head hurt. Well, lesson learned, I guess. I sat up, smiling at Zed, who was running over to help me.

It seemed to be a very slow run. Almost as if he wasn't moving at all. I struggled to my feet so as to meet him halfway. When I reached him, less than a minute later by my watch, he was floating oddly in the air.

He seemed to be frozen mid-step, as if time had just stopped working. Oh... Maybe it actually had. Oops.

2. TARDIS vworping noises
An explosion filled the air. Doc and Scar glanced at each other in fear, and ran to the time machine. Sure enough, the hippies approached. Scar attempted reason. Reason does not work with hippies.

Doc backed up, into the time machine. He'd almost cracked its secrets. He pulled his synthesised power source out of his pocket. The key to escape. He stuck his head out of the time machine, yelling for Scar.

Scar turned back to face Doc, glanced at the hippies, and ran to the machine. Before they knew it, they were on a new adventure. Into time itself.

3. Falling again
BDubs let the sound of TNT surround him. Knowing that the water would keep him safe, the gentle hiss was comforting. Until it wasn't. And he was being ripped apart by fire, by flames, by the screaming, horrible pain.

And then it stopped. BDubs opened his eyes, expecting to see some kind of afterlife. Instead, he saw clouds, felt the wind whipping his hair. He was falling again.

And then he wasn't, he felt every last bone in his body crumble from the shock. It all went dark. And then he was falling again. Back in the loop. Forever.

4. If you can't beat them
Everything aches like hell. 20 hours. 20 hours of backbreaking work. But it was all for a good cause. I love my overlords. Still do. I just wonder why they ask these things of me. I wonder who I'm really serving.

Well, it's not like I can do much of anything. So I build the devices, test them, hope that I'm on the right side. Scar worries, sometimes. I try to reassure him. But I wish I knew the things I'm saying are true.

I'm sure my overlords wouldn't make me do anything that would harm anyone.

Would they?

5. Lilacs
Tango clutched a fistful of lilacs. He was fine with the flower, though he much preferred roses. But tonight wasn't about him. Somewhere in the many worlds, it was a birthday of an old friend.

When that friend had first discovered the purple flower, he had been ecstatic. So every time Tango left the abyss, he'd get a bunch of lilacs. But now their scent was bittersweet, tainted by memory.

He could never go back home, could he? These lilacs would never find their rightful owner. So Tango held onto them like a lifeline instead. They were one, sort of.

6. Still waters
I looked at the lake. The waves lapped gently at the side of the yacht. It wasn't my yacht, but it might as well have been. Scar, the only other person allowed to, hadn't even set foot on it.

The Vex whispered. They always did, but now I was more inclined to listen. There was nobody else to say anything anyway. Just me and the Vex. Alone.

They said swimming might be fun. So I tried it. The icy evening waters stung like wasps. In shock, I sank. But I hoped the Vex would save me. They let me drown.

Six drabbles. Pick your favourite, and I'll expand upon it into my first 1500 words+ chapter.
Also, it's tomorrow!
OdalRune, signing off from the past.