𝒅𝒖𝒆

Maverick Allegretti (Nicholas Kalashnikov)

Maverick's POV

As the alarm clock rang I repeatedly hit it trying to shut it up but to no avail so a threw it to the ground.

I am not a morning person.

I got up from my bed and went to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my appearance. I look like shit. I had bags under my eyes and my eyes were bloodshot red. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then hopped in the shower. Once I got out I put in my uniform for my new school. It was a tacky garnet-colored shirt with the school's logo with some light wash jeans.

On cue, Mrs. Maria knocked on my door. "Breakfast is ready honey!" I mumbled an ok, grabbed my bookbag, and headed downstairs. I went to the dining room where there was a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon, a bowl of fruit, and a glass of orange juice waiting for me. "Thanks, mom." I sat down and wolfed down all my food and gulped down the orange juice to wash it all down. Once I was done, I got up and walked to the kitchen and put my dishes in the sink. My father had come down too and was seated at the island.

I stiffened. "Father."

"Giovanni," he said in his thick Italian accent.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen.

"Bye, mom!" I yelled while walking to the garage. "Bye honey," she said as she rounded a corner and hugged me. "Have a great first day, sweetie." I didn't reply, instead, I smiled and got in my car. My car was one of my most prized possessions. It was a black '68 Mustang GT that I worked hours on to restore it.

I started driving to Storm Coast High. I was listening to Come Together by the Beatles and mumbling to the lyrics when I arrived at the school and parked my car in the student parking lot.

As I got out of the car, everyone—and I'm not exaggerating—was looking at me trying to see who the new kid was. Girls were giving me suggestive and flirtatious looks while guys were looking at me in envy and anger. I just shrugged it off and walked to the entrance of the school.

The hallways were crowded with people talking to their friends, catching up on what they did this summer. As I navigated through the crowded hallway trying to find the registration office, it was as if a wave of silence washed over people as I walked by. Their silence was followed by whispers.

"Is that Maverick Allegretti?!"

"What's he doing here?"

"Omg who is that he's so hot!"

"That's Giovanni Allegretti's son!"

"That's the billionaire's son!"

I just rolled my eyes and acted as if I couldn't hear them. I kept my head down as I continued to walk around completely clueless as to where I was going. I guess it was obvious because someone spoke up from behind me.

"Hi! My name's Rachel. Are you looking for something?" I turned around and looked at the girl. She was about 5'7 and had a petite frame. She had curly black hair, a honey complexion, and deep brown eyes.

____________________________________________