𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒐

Alayah's POV
christmas day

The dinner at the Allegretti's was amazing. It was so much fun getting together with all my friends and family to just spend time together talking, laughing, and eating.

Today was Christmas day and I couldn't have been more excited. I loved Christmas and winter in general. I loved curling up in a warm soft blanket with a cup of hot chocolate while sitting by the fireplace as it got chillier and just the feeling the holidays brought.

Maverick and his mom were coming over to celebrate with us this year. I was surprised to hear that they had never really celebrated. I hoped maybe after this year they'd find a little happiness during the holidays.

It was currently 8 a.m. and everyone was up. I was anxious to open my gifts but I knew I had to wait for Maverick and his mom to get here. I distracted myself with the TV to get my mind off all my presents. Just then Chloe walked in holding something behind her back.

"Whatchya holding behind your back?" I asked suspiciously as she made her way over to me.

"Oh nothing. Just a little something I got you." My eyes lit up when she sat down next to me and handed me a long rectangular shaped wrapped gift. I pulled her into a hug and said thank you before opening it. It was a gold plate necklace with my name on it. I pulled her into another hug making her laugh. "Thank you so, so much Chloe! You didn't have to get me something so expensive," I said pulling away from her and marveling at the necklace.

"Of course I did! What kind of mom doesn't get their daughter a gift on Christmas?" she said in a 'duh' tone before her eyes went wide. As soon as the words left her mouth she slapped her hand over it.

"I'm sorr-"

"Don't. There's no need to be sorry Chloe," I said closing the box and shifting my body to face her. "You really see me as your daughter?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course I do. I love you and Jacoby just as much as I love your dad and, if you'll have me," she took a breath, "I want to be your mom." She grabbed both my hands in hers and squeezed them. "I could never replace your mother and I would never want you to do that —  I would never ask that of you — and I don't want you to think that's what I'm trying to do. What I'm trying to say is, if you'll allow me, I want be your mom. I'm sorry if this sounds corny but would you, Alayah Paisly Kasongo, do me the honor of being my daughter?"

I was speechless. I didn't even know I was crying until Chloe wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I'm sorry Alayah. I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok Chloe really," I said pulling my hands from hers so I could wipe my eyes. "It's just I haven't had a mom in so long and I guess I'm just overwhelmed with emotions because I never thought I'd have another one. Hearing you say all that made me really happy because I'd love for you to be my mom." By the time I was done speaking we were both crying messes.

She had pulled me into another hug making me sigh in content. Chloe and I might've started off on the wrong foot but I really did like her. Althogh we've only know each other for almost three months, I could honestly say I couldn't see a future without her. I finally have someone to talk to that won't yell or scold me, though she will on certain grounds, and who's there when I need help or advice. She never judges me, which I love, but she also stirs me straight when she sees me straying off.

Not to mention she's the only one in this house I've told that me and Maverick are dating among other things. She told me I would have to tell my dad sooner or later but I couldn't bring myself to do it. They'd lock me away and make sure Maverick never sees the light of day again.

We pulled away from each other just as we heard a knock on the door. My face lit up as I quickly wiped my face and went to answer the door. "Dad they're here!" I yelled before answering the door. "Merry Christmas! Come on in you guys!" I said excitedly as I stepped to the side to Maverick and his mom in.