𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒄𝒊

Maverick's POV

I hadn't seen Alayah all day which was odd. I was on my way to lunch when I saw Don and Leah sneaking off to the janitor's closet. That's...odd. I walked over to our table and saw Toby and Rachel already sitting own.

"Where's Alayah?"

They both shrugged. "Have you seen Don or Leah?" Rachel said.

I smirked. "I just saw them sneaking into the janitor's closet."

She started smiling uncontrollably. "Alayah was right!"

I sat down and asked, "Right about what?"

"Don and Leah were going to get together sooner or later."

"Oh," I said.

I was eating some of Toby's so-called "lunch" when I got a text.

alayah🦋✨💕
Are we working on the project after school today at your house?

maverick😁
yeah sure

alayah🦋✨💕
Ok. I'll meet you at your car after school

maverick😁
alayah where are you?

alayah🦋✨💕
I'm dealing with something right now
I have to go I'll talk to your later
Bye

I placed my phone back in my pocket confused. "What happened?" Toby asked. "Nothing." Hmm...something's not right. I continued to eat Toby's food until the bell rang. I walked to my locker and didn't see Alayah or Leah or Don. Toby and Rachel have been getting closer so that left me alone most of the day.

I didn't see Alayah in out last period which was strange. She doesn't look like the type to skip school. This is really really weird.

____________________________________________

2 hours later

After what felt like forever, class was finally over and I walked outside to my car and found Alayah already there.

"Long time no see," I said approaching Alayah.

"I know. I'll explain everything to you later. Let's just go," she said walking towards the passenger side. We quickly got into the car and drove out of the parking lot.

She looked outside the window the entire journey to my house. We pulled up to the gate and I put in the code. As we were driving to the house I heard Alayah say, "Holy shit..."

____________________________________________