𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆

Alayah's POV

When he whispered in my ear it made me shudder. I quickly pushed him off though. Maverick had gotten as red as a tomato shortly after for some reason. I don't know why though. I was the one in the hot seat but to each is own.

"So..." Don said.

I gave him a questioning look. "You said you'd tell us what happened yesterday?"

"Oh, yeah!" I said in realization. I then proceeded to tell them everything that happened yesterday, from Lloyd's big ass house and aunt dying to me hiding from a crazed man.

"Omg..." Leah said stunned.

"Holy shit," Don said.

"Watch your mouth," I said to Don. "I think you guys should forgive him. He just didn't want us mixed up in his shit."

"He should've told us before writing us off completely," Leah said.

"I agree," Don said.

I nodded my head because I respected their decision. I just hoped over time their opinion changed but only time will tell.

As everyone talked amongst themselves, I asked Maverick, "Is Toby gay?"

"Bi."

"Hmm," I said.

"This morning were you mad at me because you saw Rachel get out of my car?" he asked.

"No, not at all," I said.

I wouldn't say "mad." I just felt some type of way is all and I would hardly call it jealousy.

"Were you jealous Yaya?" he asked. I could hear the grin on his face. I rolled my eyes. "No-" "Admit it! You were jealous because you saw me with another girl!" he said poking me. "You're delusional Allegretti," I said chuckling. "Well for your information I'm pretty sure she's either bisexual or a lesbian so don't worry I'm all yours," he said winking.

I rolled my eyes. "Boy, nobody want you," I said while laughing. "You say that now..." he said trailing off, only making me laugh harder. He rolled his eyes. "It isn't that funny," he grumbled under his breath.

After lunch, as we were walking to class, I asked Maverick, "Wanna work on our project after school today?"

"I would but me and Toby were going hang out after school."

"Ok, but we have to work on it soon. It's due this Friday," I said.

He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. "I'll just tell Toby we have to reschedule." I pushed his big ass off me while he laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. I rolled my eyes and said, "You don't have to do that."

"Yeah but I want to," he said giving me a lopsided smile.I rolled my eyes and smiled. The bell rang signaling the end of lunch.

"I'll see you after school," he said.

"See you after school," I said before I turned around and walked to class.

____________________________________________

I couldn't wait to get out of 6th period. This class was so boring but at least I get to walk around the school and take pictures of God knows what. When the bell rang, I went to my locker and Leah and Don were already there.

"Hey, so I'm not riding with you guys back home today."

Leah was the first to talk. "Why?" she said giving me a questioning look.

"Yeah, is something wrong?" Don asked.

"No! God no! I'm getting a ride with Maverick...don't be mad," I said as I watched Don's face contort into a scowl.