𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒐

Alayah's POV

I turned around slowly to find Mr. Allegretti towering over me. I gulped and sent up a silent prayer that Maverick would save me.

He let out a humorless chuckle. "You do know it's rude to snoop through people's things, right cara?"

I nodded my head vigorously. "Y-y-yes, sir. I-I-I'm s-so sorry," I said like a stuttering buffoon and looked down at my feet.

He crossed his arms, causing his muscles to bulge in his dress shirt. The sight made me shudder in fear. That's probably what he was going for. "Hmm. Cara, dimmi, where is Gio?"

"H-he's in his room, sir."

"Please! Call me Giovanni, cara! You're basically family tesoro!" he said with a hearty laugh. That didn't make me any less nervous. "Uh, Mr. Alle- I-I mean Giovanni Maverick and I were working on some homework some I should head on back," I said.

"Excuse me," I said as I tried walking past him but he grabbed my forearm. "That can wait tesoro. Let's talk," he said pulling me towards the door.

"Aren't we already talking?!" I said starting to panic. He laughed and said, "Well you've got a mouth on you cara. I see why Maverick likes you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I said as he opened the door to reveal a huge office. "I know my son, tesoro, whether he likes it or not," he said as he pulled me in and closed the door behind us. He let go of my arm and walked over to the chair behind the desk. I remained by the door debating whether I should make a run for it.

____________________________________________

"There's no use in running Alayah," he said using my real name. I knew he meant business so I decided against running. "Sit," he said motioning towards the chairs in front of his desk. I reluctantly walked over to the chair and sat down.

We sat in uncomfortable silence. He just stared at me as I avoided making eye contact.

"Listen cara. You're different than any other girl my son's been with and I can tell."

"Because I'm black..." I said under my breath and he laughed. I need to work on my whispering skills.

"No cara not because you're black but because you can make him happy like I've never seen before."

"What does me making him happy have to do with anything?"

"Guarda, he used to have puttana's running in and out of the house but none of them have made him as happy as you have. So I figured you must be something special if pussy wasn't enough to make him happy," he said laughing. I knew he was a man whore but damn. I shrunk down into my seat as my discomfort started to become insufferable.