𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒅𝒖𝒆

Maverick's POV
a few days later

It was Thursday meaning tryouts were today. To be honest, I was nervous as hell because I really really really wanted to make the team. Storm Coast High's football team is legendary so I can't fuck this up. Tryouts were being held after school so naturally, I wasn't paying attention in class.

"Mr. Allegretti," Mr. Lee said snapping me back into reality, "Can you tell the class what anthropogenic means?"

The room went quiet and everyone turned around to look at me. I made eye contact with Alayah and gave her a pleading look but she mouthed "I don't know. Sorry!" I stared blankly at the board drawing a blank. Out of all the people to pick, he picked me? I was obviously not paying attention and there were at least 4 different people who had their hand up to answer the question. He's trying to embarrass me and I could tell from the smug look on his stupid face. I finally had an epiphany and the answer came to me.

"Start paying attention Mave-" he started to say and turned towards the board but I cut him off.

"Anthropogenic means any environmental pollutant originating from human activity," I said smiling wickedly.

"Excuse me?" he said surprised.

"Uh uh uh uh did I motherfucking stutter, you bitch!"

"I said anthropogenic means any environmental pollutant originating from human activity. Understand?" I said knowing that'd get me in trouble.

Alayah whipped her head around with an amazed look on her face and a series of "damn's" and "oh's" filled the room.

"T-that's correct. M-moving on..." he said looking embarrassed. I rolled my eyes and spaced out again when I felt my phone vibrate.

alayah🦋✨💕
What the fuck were you thinking?!
Do you want a shitty grade?!

maverick😁
he knows his place
dww :)

Alayah turned to look at me again with an incredulous look on her face and I winked. She scrunched up her face and turned back around. I continued to space out without Mr. Lee disturbing me because he knew if he tried to clown me again, I'd clown him right back.

Bitch.

_______________________________________________

2 hours later

It was finally time for lunch and I was hungry as hell. I wasn't hungry enough to eat the school food though so I decided to sneak out. As I walked over to our table, I saw everyone but Rachel. I sat down next to Toby and said, "Where's Rachel?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I have no idea," she said. Hmm.

"Well do you guys wanna sneak out and eat real food for once?"

"Of course we would but we'd get caught," Alayah said while everyone agreed with her.

Me and Toby looked at each other and shared a devilish smile. "Me and Toby didn't get caught," I said matter-of-factly. Everyone's eyes widened. "You're lying?!" Leah said skeptically.

I shook my head. "We're deadass," Toby said smiling. "So are y'all in?" I said. I was ready to go because we only had an hour for lunch and we couldn't spend it deciding if we should go or not.

"Can your car fit all of us?" Gryffin said. There were six of us and today I took the G-Wagon. "Yes, more or less," I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Don said.