𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊

Alayah's POV

All I could remember doing was screaming. I ran downstairs as fast as I could but not before I heard my dad say, "Shit!"

I ran to my room and packed an outfit for tomorrow and everything else I needed. I was running around my room trying to find my phone when my dad burst in.

"Alayah-"

"Save it!"

I found my phone and threw my bag on my shoulder and pushed passed my dad running downstairs. I could hear his footsteps behind me. Donavan, Leah, and Gryffin were walking in with their stuff when I was about to walk out.

"Let's go! Now!" I said pushing past them heading towards Gryffin's car.

They all gave me a confused look. "Addy we just got here. What do you mean let's go?"

I was getting frustrated and thinking about what I just saw made me angrier. "Can we please just go?! Please?!"

"Where do you want to go Layah?!" Leah exclaimed to me.

"Anywhere! Gryffin's house or your house I don't fucking care I just want to GO!" I said as my chest rose and fell violently.

Don sighed heavily while Leah huffed and walked over to Don's car. As Gryffin was waking over to his car my dad appeared in the doorway. "Alayah where are you going?!"

"Out!" I said scoffing and getting in Gryffin's car. "Alayah!" he yelled but I wasn't paying attention. "Drive Gryffin! Please?!" He gave me a weary look before pulling off. When we were pulling out of the driveway, I saw my dad walk back to the doorway looking defeated where the whore I saw him with stood in a robe rubbing his back. I rolled my eyes and turned the music up louder to avoid any questions.

We were listening to 911/Mr. Lonely by Tyler, The Creator while I laid on my arm on the door looking out the window. I could see Donavan following Gryffin's car in the side view mirrors and sighed. I remained silent as we walked into Gryffin's house and when we walked to his room.

As soon as the door closed, I was bombarded with a thousand questions. I covered my face with my hands feeling myself growing angry. I knew their concern was coming from a good place but I just needed time to think and process whatever the fuck I just saw. "Shut up," I said lowly but I guess they didn't hear me because they continued to talk. "Shut up," I said a little louder but they still didn't hear me and continued to talk. I lost it and yelled, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP PLEASE!" and they automatically shut up.

I grabbed the bridge of nose and huffed. "I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry. I just need it quiet so I can think ok?" I said softly before walking out to Gryffin's balcony. I sat down and looked out into the dark forest wondering how many animals lived within the thick canopy.

I sat there in silence just listening to the wind wrestle the leaves of trees. I heard the door to Gryffin's room slide open and close. I heard someone walk over and sit next to me.

"Are you ok?"

"I don't know Don. I don't know," I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"What happened with you and your pops?"

"I walked in with him having sex with some whore."

He quickly turned over to look at me and said, "You're joking?!"

I shrugged my shoulder and said, "I wish I was."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"That's why you ran out of your house yelling at us?"

I laughed and said, "Yeah."

"Well I'm sorry you had to see that," he said. I scoffed and said, "Me too." Donavan suddenly got up and I looked up at him. He held his hand out for me and said, "Let's go watch movies and eat junk food." I smiled and said, "I thought you'd never ask."