𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒆

Maverick's POV

Alayah and I had decided to do the project on the current states going through with abortion bans. The bell had rung signaling the end of school. I started to walk up when I heard Alayah say, "Wait up!" I turned around and looked at her. She was still putting her stuff away. "Come on, Kasongo! Time's a-wasting!" I said playfully. She gave me an annoyed look and said, "Do you want to fight me, Allegretti?" I laughed. "I thought you'd never ask," I said while batting my eyelashes. She scrunched up her face and laughed. We started to walk out of class.

While we were walking, she turned to me. "Give me your phone."

I looked at her baffled. "I know I'm fine but damn."

She rolled her eyes and I laughed. "Are you always this arrogant and cocky?"

"Only for you," I said while grinning.

"You're so lame," she said while nudging my arm.

"And you're so cool?" I questioned.

She gasped and hit me hard this time. "I'll have you know I am very cool," she said and huffed.

I laughed at her childish ways. "What do you need my phone for?"

"So I can give you my number, genius!"

"Oh," I said handing her my phone. She typed in her number and handed it back to me. I look at her contact name: alayah🦋✨💕. I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket.

We had just walked out of the school when this tall dude and girl walked over to us. "Hey! So, Leah, Donavan, this is Maverick. Maverick this is Leah and Don, my best friends." Donavan gave me a nod while Leah gave me a hug. I was stunned by her sudden action but I still hugged her back nonetheless. "Sorry! I'm a hugger," Leah said. I looked at Alayah. "She's the optimistic one in our group," she whispered so nobody else could hear but me.

"Well it was nice meeting you all but I've gotta go," I said the three of them. I turned to Alayah. "I'll see you tomorrow, ok?" She nodded and said, "Ok." I began to walk to student parking. I saw Toby standing by my can with a Juul in her hand.

"Took you long enough," she said.

I gave her a questioning look. "I could've sworn I was doing you a favor, meaning I didn't have to take you anywhere but choose to."

She rolled her eyes. "My bad, Mr. Sassy Pants." Now it was my turn to roll my eyes while she laughed. We got in the car but before we left and I texted my mom I would be home late so don't wait up. We then pulled out of the student parking lot but not without seeing Alayah and her friends walk over to a black Jeep Wrangler. I smiled to myself at the thought of her for some odd reason.

"Whatchu smilin' about?" Toby said, whilst looking in the direction I was looking at. "Nothing," I said but it was too late. She saw who looking at. Oh jeez. She snapped her head and my direction with a big stupid grin on her face, growing more excited every second. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, shut up," I told her to which she started laughing. "I didn't even say anything," she said defensively. "Yeah, but I know you want to."

"Somebody's got a crrrusshhh," she sang in my ear as she poked my cheek. I could feel myself blushing which fueled Toby to continue. "Toby stop before I accidentally crash my baby." She looked at me like I had grown two heads. "Your baby?" she questioned. "Yes, my baby! It's one of my most prized possesions!" I was exaggerating and I'm sure Toby knew too.

"Whatever you say Mr. Sassy Pants." I inwardly groan. Please don't let this become a thing. We had been driving for about 5 or 10 minutes when I asked where we were going. She asked, "Do you mind coming to my house?" I said no and she told me the direction to her house. 30 minutes later we were in front of a pretty big house.