𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒆

Alayah's POV

They all turned around as he walked me into the room. He had a harsh grip on my arm making me wince.

"Adriano, abbastanza!" (Enough!) Maverick barked at who I presume was Adriano. Maverick pulled me to him and sat down on the couch. He pulled me into his lap making me blush.

"Quindi questo è Alayah?" (So this is Alayah?) the man who knocked on Maverick's door said.

"Sì. Grazie per avermelo fatto notare, Dimitri. Terrò d'occhio," (Yeah. Thanks for letting me know, Dimitri. I'll keep an eye out) Maverick said in a dismissive tone. Both men nodded their head before leaving.

"I'm going to go to the store," Mrs. Allegretti said before giving me a tight-lipped smile.

What the fuck is going on?

"What's going in Maverick?"

He stayed silent for a while before he spoke. "If I tell you everything, Alayah, you're bound to the oath of Omertà. You remember what that means right?"

I nodded my head and closed my eyes trying to remember. "Y-yeah. It's a code of silence."

"If I tell you everything, Alayah, you're in this for life. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head warily. I could tell what he was hinting at wasn't anything good. "Do you still want to know, mío angelo?"

I looked down at my lap and played with my hands in thought. "Hm?" he questioned, placing his finger underneath my chin making me look him in the eyes.

"I-I don't want to know." A look of relief made its way on his face. "You didn't want me to know?"

"No. I don't want you getting caught up in the shit I've been running from my entire life."

"Would you have told me if I said yes?"

He snorted. "No," he muffled out as he nuzzled my neck.

"Then what was the point in asking if you were just going to say no?!"

"I was curious," he said with a lopsided smile in his face. I punched his arm and he winced. "What was that for?"

"For being sneaky," I said crossing my arms. "Don't do that bambina. I'm already hard as it is," he said kissing my jaw. I put my arms down making Maverick laugh.

"Gimme a kiss."

"Nuh-uh."

"What'd you say?"

"I said no-" As soon as the words left my mouth he flipped us over. He was hovering over me with a mischievous look in his eyes. "Maverick," I said as he pushed against me making me sink into the couch.

"Hm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing," he whispered into my ear. My body tensed when I felt his erection on my flower.

"I'm not losing my virginity on your couch," I said pushing a pillow into his face. "You're not ready for that anyhow. You're still too young."

"You weren't saying that when you fingered me or when you let me suck your dick," I said with a smug smile on my face. He blushed and adjusted his pants before he stood up. I laughed and said, "It's getting late. Can you take me home?"

"Yeah." I got my stuff and met him in his garage. He drove off with an unknown expression on his face. He seemed to be deep in thought. I put on Lost by Frank Ocean and looked out the window watching the sunset.

"You know I'll always protect you, right?"

I turned to look at Maverick confused. He was facing forward with a clenched jaw. "What?"

"You know I'll always protect you, right?" he said again stressing the last word. I turned in my seat and said, "Of course I know that... Are you ok Maverick?"

He gave me a tight-lipped smile. "Sto bene, angelo mio," (I'm fine, my angel) he said before returning his gaze back to the road. My puzzlement was far from quelled when we pulled into my driveway.

"Bye," I said about to get out of the car. Maverick grabbed me by my elbow and pulled me back into the car crashing his lips against mine. I instantly melted into the kiss.

"You better remember to give me a kiss next time or you'll be in trouble cara," he grunted out before releasing me. I bit my lip and said ok softly before getting out of the car. I walked to the front door with a goofy grin on my face. Once inside, I waved to Maverick and closed the door.