𝒕𝒓𝒆

Alayah's POV

We had two more minutes in class. "Maverick and Alayah, can you stay after class a moment?" Mrs. L said. Everyone's head snapped to the back where Maverick and I were. Ugh why people being so damn nosey?! Class was over and as soon as the bell rang everyone started to file out of class except me and Maverick.

"Alayah, I want you to show Maverick around school and show him where his classes are so he can get his bearings around the school," Mrs. Logan said.

Lord why me?! I didn't want to say no to my favorite teacher. "Of course," I said with a tight smile. I turned to Maverick. "Ready to go?" I said to which he grunted in response and started towards the door. I rolled my eyes and began to follow him but not without saying goodbye to Mrs. L first. When I finally caught up to him he was waiting by the door talking to a girl. She was really pretty but she dressed tomboyishly. They noticed I was awkwardly standing there then the girl said, "I'll see you during lunch." Maverick turned to me.

"Took you long enough," he said.

"It's not my fault my legs aren't as long as yours," I scoffed. "Are you ready or not?"

"Obviously I'm ready. Don't forget I was the one waiting for YOU," he said matter-of-factly.

"I'm doing this as a favor to Mrs. L. Don't mistake my kindness for weakness douchebag," I deadpan. His face contorts in annoyance to which I smile and held onto my book bag straps like a 5th grader. "Give me your schedule," I said. He made a face that said hell no. "Give me your damn schedule so I can show you to your next class!" He rolled his eyes at me but complied.

His third period was Mr. Lee...with me. Fuck me. I checked our schedule's and to my dismay, I also had AP Government with him. As I went through all his and my classes, I realized we had all our classes together except for period 2 and 6. I had Calculus 2nd and Journalism 6th while he had AP Calculus 2nd and Gym 6th. Well, ain't this some shit.

I started walking in the direction of Mr. Lee's class. I was almost down the hall and about to turn a corner when I felt him grab my arm. "What's your problem?!" I whispered yelled at him while taking my arm back. "You started walking away and I was just trying to catch up damn." He looked down at me. "You should have been paying attention," I said.

"Do you know who I am?!" he asked in an almost baffled tone. "Yeah, a bitch!" I said standing face-to-face with him. I let out a humorless laugh. "The only bitch I see is you!" I looked at him as if he had grown a second head. I know he didn't just...

"Fuck you, Maverick."

"I bet you'd like to, wouldn't you?" He smirked down at me. Before I could process what I was doing, I slapped him. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing to look at us.

"Fuck you, Maverick Allegretti! Good luck finding your class you...you piece of shit!" And on that note, I stormed off to my locker. When I got to my locker Leah was already there. "Hey Leah what's up?" I said as I put my English book back. "Have you heard?!" I looked at her confused. "Heard what?" She rolled her eyes at my cluelessness. "Giovanni Allegretti's son goes to our school!" she whisper yelled. Shit, I knew that name sounded familiar. That's when I realized what I'd done...and who I'd done it to. Well, fuck me.

____________________________________________

I'm in 3rd period, which is AP Environmental when Maverick walks in...15 minutes late. One thing you should know about me is the I prefer to sit in the back of class because 1) you can get away with stuff without anyone seeing and 2) not a lot of people sit in the back. In this case, #2 is a bad thing. Mr. Lee was going over the syllabus when Maverick walked in.