𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒐

Alayah's POV

I went down the hall to Jacoby's room to talk to him. I walked in without knocking because why not. That was my first mistake. I walked in to see his thing in his hand moving vigorously while watching porn. He snapped his head in my direction and I screamed. "GET OUT," he yelled and I did. "LEARN TO LOCK A FUCKING DOOR," I said walking downstairs to watch tv.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I tried to hide the smile on my face by holding a pillow in front of my face. I suppressed a laugh as he sat down on the couch. I tried to hold in my laughs but failed and I burst out laughing. "Shut the fuck up. You're such a fucking loser." I rolled my eye as my laughter died down. I turned off the tv and turned to him.

"Why are you here?"

"Wow. Did you not want me to visit?"

"Oh shush you know that's not what I meant."

He sighed and said, "I was discharged."

My eye involuntarily widened. "Why?"

"My enlistment ended."

"So you're moving back to Chicago?"

"I'm not entirely sure yet."

"Why'd you come to visit now of all times?"

"I don't have a specific reason for coming back at this specific time but I knew I couldn't stay away forever." He hadn't visited or anything because of the death of our mother. I then asked him, "Are you ever going to apologize for being a terrible person and calling me an irresponsible brat?" He gave me a look and said, "No."

"Why not?" I said crossing my arms and quickly uncrossed them realizing that didn't help my case.

"Because you are an irresponsible brat."

"Well, why do you think I am?"

"Because you always come home after curfew because you think you can do anything you want without consequence."

"Omg Jacoby. First of all, school just started. Second, I don't intentionally come home after curfew. Sometimes shit happens. And third of all, I know what I do have consequences so that's why I try to come home before curfew. But sometimes shit happens," I said as a matter of factly.

"Ok Alayah," he said getting up and going to the kitchen.

"I'm serious Jacoby. And what you said hurt," I said in a dejected tone.

He looked at me and sighed. "I'm sorry Alayah for hurting your feelings."

"Thank you, Jacoby."

He was making a sandwich and I told him to make me one too. "What's up with you and Gryffin," I said and he stopped in his tracks.

"Nothing," he said and continued to walk to the cabinets looking for stuff to put on the sandwich.

"I know something's going on and you know it."

"Nothing's going on."

"Then why'd Gryffin say you hit on him."

"He told you?"

"No but you just did," I said smugly and he groaned. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" I said sitting on the countertop. "You like Gryffin?!" He rolled his eyes and said, "No." I then gasped and asked, "Are you gay?!" and he laughed. "Do you think I'm gay?" I gave him a dumbfounded look. "Why you think I asked the fucking question?" He gave me a warning look. "Watch ya mouth!" he said before turning back round to finish our sandwiches.

"Answer the question JJ."

"I'm pansexual."

"Meaning you and Gryffin are gonna be together. Omg, I ship! Gryffin and Jacoby! Gryffoby!"