𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒐

Maverick's POV
a week later

My alarm blared loudly waking me up. Refraining from throwing it against the floor, I got up and went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I was still tired which was evident from the bags under my eyes. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and hopped in the shower.

This past week hasn't been as bad as I thought it'd be. My classes aren't as hard as they seem but they're still boring as hell. I usually annoy Alayah when we have classes together because why not. It's so funny when she's mad. She gives me the cutest little mean face she can muster. Hold up. Did I just say that? I need coffee.

But in all honesty, I feel like me and Alayah have gotten closer since we've met each other. Seeing as almost all of our classes are the same, it's not like I had much of a choice.

When I got out I quickly threw on my uniform and went downstairs. I didn't feel like eating breakfast at home today so I opted for some McDonald's on my way to school. When I got to McDonald's I ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle and afterward went to Starbucks for an iced coffee.

I was in line waiting for my coffee when my phone buzzed.

alayah🦋✨💕
Good morning Mavey!

maverick😁
😒
i still hate my nickname yaya 😏

alayah🦋✨💕
I'll stop if you stop
It's up to you 🤷🏾‍♀️

maverick😁
uhmm not a chance
in hell

alayah🦋✨💕
alright then Mavey 😊
I have to ask you something

maverick😁
yes im single

alayah🦋✨💕
🙄
Ha ha very funny 😒
And no that's not what I was going to ask

maverick😁
then what is it then?
seen

I asked before the barista called my number and I went to get my coffee. I said thank you and walked out reaching for my phone to see if Alayah texted me back when I ran into someone. I quickly looked up at the person in worry. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going," I explained. "No, no your good," the person said before they looked up. I then realized who I had bumped into.

"Rachel?"

"Maverick?" she said in the same questioning tone.

I gave her a lopsided smile and scratched the back of my neck, embarrassed. "Hey. Again, I am really sorry," I said.

"Again, It's ok," she said with a slight chuckle.

"Are you on your way to school?" I asked.

"Yeah but I stopped to get some coffee"

"You drove?" She shook her head.

"Well the least I could do is give you a ride to school."

"No, you don't have to. I don't want to hold you up and plus the school is walking distance."

"You're not going to hold me up and again it's the least I could do," I said offering her a small smile.

She furrowed her brows in contemplation, considering my offer. She saw my pleading look and she finally huffed and said, "Ok." While I waited for her outside, I went to see if Alayah texted me back.