Chapter 1- Making of the band

The night was just getting started, it was hot, humid, and sweat was already dripping from their foreheads as they walked onto the stage. "Hello Minneapolis! Are you ready to get this party started?" Logan yelled into the microphone, trying to get the crowd fired up.

He played a little tune with his guitar, was feeling warm and stopped, looked out at some of the girls in the front row screaming his name while removing the guitar strap from his shoulder, and quickly pulled his shirt up over his head throwing it out into the crowd for one lucky person to have.

Logan stood on stage with the microphone standing in front of him, sweating up a storm from the humidity, the heat of the lights shining on him, and all the bodies around him. Singing Let's Get Rocked, playing his guitar like no other could, and grinning at how fired up the crowd was.

The girls in the front row were crooning, jumping up and down, all while reaching their arms out as far as they could, hoping he would step away from the mic to touch them. Desperately wanting to be noticed by him as they called out his name, yelling I love you Logan!

Girls were always throwing themselves at his feet, even going as far as offering themselves to him backstage during their meet and greet, and autograph signings. He at times did bring a female back to his tour bus, giving them something they would never forget, his master of ceremonies. He loved the attention, loved it all, but at times felt there was something missing in his life. He was twenty-six, and was well known to everyone as a ladies man. He may be single, and was enjoying his life that way, but was beginning to want more than having that one-night stand with a woman.

If someone were to ask Logan where he saw their band six years ago, he would tell you that he never would have expected for them to get this far, even though it was always his dream to be where they were at today. He thought back to how it all started when he was seventeen, and sat in his basement writing music, singing his own songs while playing his keyboard, or guitar. He was determined and got an idea, he knew his friends played guitar, bass, and drums, and had them come over one night to see how interested they would be in forming a band. For a few years they practiced in their parents' garages, basements and played at some of their family events, singing whatever songs they requested.

Hoping to get picked up by a record label, they made numerous demo tapes and sent them out to all the major record companies they knew of. With no such luck with a phone call, or letter, they were about to hang it up until Logan heard about a promising gig at a bar in downtown Vegas. It was amateur night, and heard agents, other bar owners, as well as well-known head honchos would be there looking to hire bands for upcoming events.

For the next week they prepared themselves for the big night, and changed their band name from Logan and his Cronies, to The Wicked Lollipops.

They walked into the crowded establishment, stood in line, and signed in. Then worked their way on over to the bar. "Ah Logan?" Tim asked, scratching his head while looking at the piece of paper that someone handed him as they walked by.

Logan turned around, excited and pumped up for people, other than family to hear them sing, and smiled wide "Timmy Tim, what's up?" he asked, excitedly slapping the sides of his arms.

He showed him the paper and pointed "Did you see the type of music we're supposed to be singing tonight?"

Logan grabbed the paper, read the requirements and ran his hand through his hair "Shit, nostalgia back to the 80's night... No, I didn't see that, I was just too excited when I heard about amateur night, and a chance to be hired, that I assumed we were singing our own music."

"What are we going to do?" Rick nervously asked.

"Well..." Logan thought for a moment and smiled "That's easy, we sing what they want to hear."