Chapter 5- Breaking him out

"No way, I'm not going to jail." Samantha said, disturbed.

"Why would we go to jail, if we're doing him a favor, and saving his life?"

Chloe could see the look in Bodhi's eyes, she was scared for him, she knew her all too well. When she was determined to do something, she would do it. Especially if there was a reason. "Are you doing this for yourself, or for him?"

Bodhi slammed her hands on the table, not loud, but enough to show that she means business "For him! I'm telling you; I saw the signs. He's going to wake up, they're judging him way too quickly. I work with him every day, all day... whereas the doctors come in for a few minutes, check him out, and look at his charts. They're not seeing what I see."

"They're doctors Bodhi, I think they would know before a nurse." Chloe sighed. "Besides, there's no way you could get him out of there without getting caught."

Darla played with her hair, curling it around her finger as she listened. With her being an EMT, she knew there would be a way to get him into an ambulance, somehow. "It can be done, but we would need to figure out a way to get him out of the room, and get him into an ambulance." she said quietly, staring away from everyone.

Chloe snapped her head toward Darla, and widened her eyes "You can't be serious? You'll get caught! There are cameras all over the hospital."

"I think you both have lost it... or, had too much to drink." Samantha chimed in. As much as she wants to help her out, she didn't want to see her friends get in trouble, and said all she could to try talking her out of it.

"If he wakes up under my care, it'll be a good thing, and I'm sure his family would drop all charges... that is, if there'll be any."

"You know there'll be a lot of charges." Samantha snapped. "I'm out, not doing this at all." she looked at Bodhi and placed her hand on top of hers "Bodhi, I love you, but this is stupid. I don't want anyone to get in trouble, and you know you'll lose your job."

"I love you too, but if I lose my job, then so be it... at least I'll know that I lost it for a good reason, and I helped save a life... saving a life is my job."

"No, not really, that's the doctor's job." Chloe says, cutting her off.

She turned to Chloe with a look of hurt "It's mine too... please support me on this." she begged.

Chloe and Samantha looked at each other, both knowing this was wrong, but also knew Bodhi wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't a good enough reason to. "Fine... I'll help." Chloe says, giving in and sounding unsure about it.

"Let's just hope he does wake up before you do this." Samantha sighed.

Bodhi smiled "So, is that your way of saying you'll commit to this?"

Samantha sighed and looked away "Yes." she said quietly, closing her eyes and thinking she can't believe she's being talked into this.

"Perfect... I'll start figuring things out, and will fill you all in when I've got all the details."

The next few days Bodhi tried figuring out how to get Logan out without getting caught, she scanned the hospital daily, and would discreetly look at the cameras as she walked by them. At night she drew a map of the hospital and made a list of everything she needed to keep him alive while in her care.

She bought a huge handbag purse, and when nobody was near, she would stuff it with supplies: IV bags, medicines, and the other necessities. Each day she became more nervous the more she took supplies from the hospital, and hoped nobody would catch her in the act. She knew in time, the hospital would discover the missing items, and would start asking questions.