Chapter 3- The accident

Logan opened his eyes for only a second, his bell got rung and didn't know where he was, or what happened, and tried to move. When he realized he was pinned, and couldn't move or breathe, he closed his eyes.

Witnesses that were driving by saw the accident, pulled over and stopped, and called 911. A man from another vehicle ran out of his car and toward the bus, hoping to see if anyone was OK. When he got inside, he saw bodies lying there full of blood, and panicked when they looked lifeless. He too called 911, explained what he was seeing, and saw. We already have emergency personnel on the way, please stay on the line until they arrive. The woman on the other end of the line explained.

The man was unsure if the bus would start on fire, and started carrying them out and laying them on the ground far enough away from the bus. He carried out the third body when ambulances arrived, and stayed by the ones he already helped. He kneeled to see if anyone was alive and sighed in relief when they each moved their hand.

Ambulances, police and fire trucks were on the scene, blocking and directing traffic until they knew everyone was out of the bus, and the accident scene was cleared out. Once they were brought into the ambulances, EMT's began treating each one until they saw the extent of their injuries and called in fight for life.

Because of their life-threatening injuries, they were rushed into the emergency surgery room, once they arrived at the hospital. Logan's blood pressure was falling and his breathing was slowing. The machines began going berserk, and showed he was going into cardiac arrest. "Nurse, hurry and grab that defibrillator, now!" the doctor yelled, pointing to where it was.

She quickly grabbed the defibrillator, placed it on his chest, and began trying to revive him. Once they got him revived, they gave him oxygen and began looking at his other injuries. They started taking x-rays and noticed he had broken ribs, arms and legs. They looked further into his head injury, noticed he had a brain hemorrhage, and immediately began doing treatment. Hours later, he was brought into ICU, and was placed under close monitoring.

Logan's friends and bandmates were also cared for, and were brought into ICU for close monitoring. Grant arrived at the hospital wanting to know what was going on, and to find out what happened.

Police were outside the rooms talking with the hospital staff. Grant walked over to them and began asking questions. "Can I ask what happened?" he asked one of the officers.

"And who might you be?" Officer Johnson asked.

"My name is Grant Cummings, and I'm their agent. I'd like to know what happened, and if they're all alright." He handed him his business card, and was walked over to a private room to talk.

"Mr. Cummings, from what we gathered from the witnesses, there was a truck heading south, when he crossed the median, and were struck head on. The driver of the bus carrying your band, was killed instantly. From my understanding the others in the bus survived."

Grant sighed, leaned his head back and rubbed his face hard. "And the driver of the bus following them, how is he?"

"He sustained minor injuries, and is being observed as we speak... although, the driver that caused the accident was also killed. Once the toxicology reports come back, and we piece the accident together, we will contact you immediately."

"Thank you."

There was a knock, and heads turned towards the door. The officer stood up and opened the door, letting the doctor come in. He shook hands with Grant, and sat down with all their clipboards, wanting to explain what was going on with everyone, and how they were all doing.

"Rick, Sam, and Tim have broken bones in the arm, as well as fractured ribs. Brooklyn, has a broken leg, and needed stiches to the forehead. It almost looked like she was being protected in the accident."