Chapter 24- Jackpot

Bodhi laughed, and leaned forward giving Grant a hug "You're such a good sport, you know you're having fun."

Grant felt embarrassed, and couldn't believe he allowed the girls to do this to him. All he kept thinking about was Logan, and what he was going to do to him when he came back. He was amazed with Bodhi, her determination to make sure he was having fun, and then laughed about the situation. If it were anyone else, he would never have walked in, and insisted they left immediately. He just hoped there was nobody there he knew, and saw what the girls had done.

The show was finally over, and Grant was quick to stand up wanting to get out of there. They started walking through the casino, and Bodhi stopped at the roulette table. She watched for a bit, and decided to throw her money down onto the table, asking the dealer for some chips. She was suddenly feeling lucky, and wanted to give it a try.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Grant asked, as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"No, but I've always wanted to try it." she says, placing her chips down on the number twenty-eight.

Grant shook his head, and tried talking her into placing it somewhere else after seeing how much she put down on one number "If this is your first time playing, I suggest you try placing your chips on the black or red, you might have better luck."

"From what I saw and heard, that doesn't pay as much. For some strange reason, the number twenty-eight is calling my name."

Grant began rubbing his face, worried she was making a big mistake. He didn't want to see her lose all that money for nothing "You're betting a thousand dollars; on something you're not guaranteed."

"So." she says, shrugging her shoulders "It's a chance I'm willing to take... why do you think they call it gambling?"

Grant stood back and watched, and when the ball landed on her number, his mouth dropped, and dropped to the ground in shock. "Grant?" Bodhi screeched as she felt him fall. She quickly bent down and began lightly tapping at his cheek "Are you alright?" she asked, panicking.

He was in shocked and couldn't believe what he just saw. He opened his eyes, and gave her a surprising look "Do you realize what you just won?"

"No... I know I won my money back." she smiled.

"Payout is thirty-five to one, on a straight up bet, on a single number... do the math."

She tilted her head to the side, and thought about it. Seeing the people's facial expressions that were around the table looking at her, smiling, and clapping, she figured the math in her head, and covered her mouth, hiding her smile, and stopping herself from screaming.

"No way!" she yelled.

The croupier looked at Bodhi, and smirked. "Congratulations." he said smiling, and began counting out her chips to her.

Darla's eyes widened while watching the roulette dealer count Bodhi's chips out, and pulled her away from the table after she picked up her chips "We're out of here, let's go cash those in... I'd hate to see you lose that money right away."

Grant knew now more than ever, he had to watch out for her, and to make sure nobody started following them around. Bodhi walked up to the cashier's window, asking to cash in her chips, and was then tapped on her shoulder. Thinking it was Darla or Grant, she turned around, saw a tall man in a suit, that had a serious look on his face, and felt her heart starting to race.

"Can I help you?" she nervously asked.

"I'm with the hotel casino, and we're impressed with your playing. We would like to offer you and your friends, a night in one of our suites."