Chapter 30- When I see you Smile

Bodhi choked up, swallowed hard, and felt like crying. She couldn't believe she met someone with such a huge heart, and how sweet and caring he was, and was moved by what he had just said to her. She knew her emotions were about to start coming out, now more than ever, and didn't want to show him any weakness she had, and stuttered trying to speak. He picked up his guitar, and rested it onto his lap "There's a song that I completely forgot about, and came across it earlier. We've never sang at any of our concerts, and it reminds me a lot of you. I practiced playing, and singing it while you were sleeping, and was curious as to what you think of it, should I bring it up to the band, or just keep it among us?"

"What song is that?"

"A song I wish I had written myself... it's something that I would have wrote about you, they're my exact feelings, and how some things were before I met you."

"I'd like to hear it." she said, smiling.

He reached for her chin, smiled, and spoke in a voice that had her melting "I love you babe, don't ever forget that." He grabbed his guitar pic, got the guitar situated, and started playing the tune. He looked up at her, and smiled as he started to sing:
Sometimes I wonder
How I'd ever make it through
through this world without having you
I just wouldn't have a clue

'Cause sometimes it seems
Like this world's closing in on me
And there's no way of breaking free
And then I see you reach for me

Sometimes I wanna give up
I wanna give in
I wanna quit the fight
And then I see you, baby
And everything's alright
Everything's alright

When I see you smile
I can face the world, oh oh
You know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light, oh oh
I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Baby, when I see you smile at me, oh yeah

Baby, there's nothing in this world
That could ever do
What a touch of your hand can do
It's like nothing that I ever knew
And when the rain is falling, I don't feel it
'Cause you're here with me now
And one look at you, baby
Is all I'll ever need, is all I'll ever need...

Bodhi reached for Logan's hand, and stopped him from playing "You don't have to finish, I know the song, and I think it'll be perfect if you sang this at one of your concerts... My only question is, I thought you're going to be singing your own songs now?"

Logan laid his guitar flat on his lap, and shook his head "No, not yet. After our time off, we will be going back, record our songs, and get the album made. In the meantime, the plan is to sing a song or two of ours, in between other songs, letting them know that those songs are ours, and to try and get a good fan base right off the bat."

"I like that idea..."

"I think it'll work... then when they hear a song of ours come on the radio, they'll know it was us." he winked.

******

The next morning, Logan didn't want a repeat of what happened the day before, and let Bodhi sleep in while he made himself a pot of coffee. He sat at the table with his coffee cup in hand and looked into the living room. He was feeling guilty that it was going to be Christmas in two days, and there still wasn't a tree put up. He stood up, and began searching the house, looking in every room around the house, and in all storage areas he could find, looking to see if the previous owners left a tree behind.

Hmm... he muttered under his breath, he walked over to the patio window, and looked out, looking to see if there was a tree he could cut down, and set up. Nothing, he groaned. He finished his pot of coffee, and quietly went into the bedroom to change.