Chapter 21- Making amends

Bodhi held Logan's hand as they walked into the hotel bar, and over to the bar. Brooklyn handed the bartender her credit card, informing him that all their drinks were to be charged to that card.

Bodhi looked over at Logan, and leaned into his ear "Logan, what's going on with Brooklyn?"

"I have no clue." he says while shaking his head, still trying to figure it out "I'm not exactly sure what she's up to, but she's definitely up to something... I don't trust her that's for sure, and neither should you." he said quietly, then looked at the bartender when he was asking what they wanted.

"I'll have a, Captain and Diet Coke." Bodhi said to the bartender. "And I'll have a, Jack and Coke." Logan said.

Rick turned around, and looked at Logan "Someone wanting to get feisty tonight?"

"Depends." Logan responded nonchalantly while eyeing Brooklyn. "I'll be fine, as long as no one pisses me off."

After they ordered their drinks, they rounded a couple tables together and sat down, celebrating the good night they had. Logan noticed everyone's drinks were getting low, and headed over to the bar, ordering drinks, and shots for everyone. He figured since Brooklyn was buying, he'd take advantage of it, something he never thought he'd ever see.

Brooklyn looked at Bodhi, and smiled "So Bodhi, you were Logan's nurse, am I right?"

"Yes." Here we go, she thought to herself.

"Did you know who he was when he first arrived at the hospital?" Brooklyn asked, placing the straw in her mouth, drinking the last of her drink.

"No, actually I didn't... it's kind of funny, my friends knew who he was, and that night I was supposed to be at the concert with them, but I ended up not being able to go."

"Interesting... so, what made you do what you did? If you don't mind me asking... if you didn't know who he was, then why did you risk your career for him?"

Bodhi felt like she was being cornered, and started feeling nervous. She looked at the guys who looked curious themselves, and wondered what was taking Logan so long to get drinks. She bit down on her bottom lip, and began stirring her drink with her straw. She didn't feel she had to answer her, and was hoping this wasn't something to try and get her into any trouble, even though Grant already had gotten the charges dropped.

Brooklyn laughed, and grinned "You did know him, didn't you?"

"No... no, I didn't know him." she said, with a little hint of irritation in her voice "The reason being for what I did, was because the doctors weren't listening to me, whenever I mentioned he was responding to me. And when I heard they were going to pull the plug, I decided to save his life and get him out of there, before they could do anything to him. Had they waited a couple more days, they would have witnessed him open his eyes."

Logan came back with their drinks, and Bodhi gave him a look of relief, when he handed her, her drink. "Now what?" Logan asked, sighing.

"I was just asking Bodhi why she risked her career, to save you... quite impressive. I never would have done that... I mean, I never would have risked my career for someone who I didn't know."

"Well, there are people out there who have big hearts... which, obviously you don't have." Logan scoffed, sliding Brooklyn's drink over to her.

Brooklyn grabbed her drink, and extending her middle finger out as she grabbed her glass, hoping Logan would see it. He didn't see it, but Bodhi and a couple others did, and giggled. "Something funny?" Brooklyn asked Bodhi.

"Nope, I thought I saw someone trying to be intelligent, but I was mistaken, it was someone with a lack of intelligence." Kurt and Rick quickly snapped their heads over to Bodhi, surprised to hear her comment, and laughed knowing it was meant towards Brooklyn.