four

(edited)

there was two days until playlist, i was meeting my friends in less than 48 hours and i couldnt be more excited. the thoughts of all the things we were going to do together constantly rushed through my head. i hoped that nothing bad would during the trip, that the influencer drama wouldn't get in our way of fun.

"lydia! are you packed?" i asked as i put my last item into the overfilled suitcase. i had probably packed way more than needed, but i wanted to be prepared for anything.

"getting there!" she answered. i walked into her room and saw it messier than it was before, clothes piled on the floor as she looked for items to pack. i chuckled lightly as i stepped over the mountains of clothing items.

"you're cleaning this when you're done, right?" i asked, she nodded as she shoved clothes into her pink suitcase.

i heard my phone ring from my room, and rushed to answer it, almost tripping on my way out.

incoming facetime call from payton...

i clicked answer and smiled at the boy on the screen.

"we're meeting soon!" he said excitedly, a big smile on his face.

"im so excited! i get to meet you, drayke, anthony, elmo- its gonna be so fun!" i squealed, sitting down on my bed to get comfortable for the call.

"ohhh how are things with drayke?" he asked wiggling his brows.

"i think i like him." i answered my cheeks tinting a dark shade of pink as i thought about the curly haired boy.

"tell him at playlist!" payton suggested.

"i was planning on it, i mean if we got together we only live about 4 hours from each other." i said, as we both lived in michigan.

"oh yeah, i forgot you guys dont live that far from each other." payton mumbled, setting his phone up so he no longer had to hold it.

"yeah, we actually have the same flight out, he said he was gonna get a seat right next to mine but i think he was joking." i said with a nervous laugh, unsure of draykes actual seating plans.

"he probably wasnt though." payton responded, shrugging his shoulders.

"im not so sure." i responded, laying my phone against a pillow so i could lay down and watch him.

we talked for the rest of the night, eventually he started playing a video game with chase and elmo. i managed to fall asleep on the phone with him while listening to their little arguments.