sixty five

i woke up feeling a strong pain in my back, it went throughout my stomach. i sat up, careful not to wake chase. i went to go to the bathroom and as soon as i stood up it was like a waterfall from my vagina.

"ch-chase, chase! baby get up!" i said, looking at the water at my feet.

"what? whats wrong?" he asked concerned.

"either i just pissed myself or my water broke." i told him, immediately i heard him jump off the bed.

he looked at me in shock and ran around grabbing our to-go bag. i sat on the bed, another pain going through my back.

i breathed in and out heavily, my hands shaking, chase ran out of the room. he came back with ronnie and lydia who both looked super tired considering it was 5 am.

"c'mon, lets get you to the car." ronnie said, helping me up as chase was panicking. she helped me waddle my way out to the car, i sat in the passenger seat, chase and lydia in the back, ronnie driving.

i reached back and held chases hand, squeezing every time i had a contraction.

"f-fuck! holy shit-" i groaned as another contraction pained my body.

we pulled up to the hospital and lydia ran to get a wheelchair.

chase helped me out of the car and into the chair, pushing me inside. i squeezed my eyes shut, ive been excited for this moment for months but now that it's actually happening, im terrified.

"chase, calm down it will be fine. jennas the one in labor and you're freaking out more than her." lydia said as ronnie told the doctors i was in labor.

the doctors were quick to get me back and onto a bed. they ran a few tests and asked me many questions that i was in too much pain to answer.

they told me it would be a few hours until i was ready to start pushing.

"chase can you call the guys and your mom?" i asked him and he nodded.

"wait, i wanna call jaden." i told and he nodded, handing me my phone.

i clicked jadens contact and called him.

"jenna its 6 am." he groaned from the other end.

"yeah well its kinda hard for me to sleep." i retorted.

"why whats wrong?" he asked.

"well im just in labor." i told him, he didnt say anything, "jay?"

"im sorry im booking my flight to fly out tonight." he said excitedly, i smiled.

"im in so much pain i just want this to be over with." i told jaden.

"im so excited! holy shit you're having a baby!" jaden squealed, i laughed.

after a while of talking to jaden i hung up, chase already called everyone.

"chase?" i mumbled.

"yes baby?" he asked.

"maisie rae hudson." i said, i saw his face light up.

"that ones my favorite." he smiled, pulling his chair closer to me.

ive been in labor for 9 hours and i still wasnt ready to push, i was in so much pain and just wanted to have this baby.

i screamed as a contraction worse than the others hit me.

"okay, ms mills, you're ready to start pushing." the doctor said as i was dilated 10 inches. i nodded, my hands were already gripping the metal bars of the bed and chases hand.

ronnie and lydia were watching, chase was watching me the whole time.

breathe

push

breathe

push

1 2 3

breathe

pu-

cries, were all i heard, tears streamed down my face. i was crying but they werent my screams, they were the sound of mine and chases daughter.

before i could comprehend what was going on, i had a 7 pound baby in my arms. a big smile on both mine and chases faces.

"hi maisie rae, y-you're gorgeous." i felt the tears falling from my eyes as i held my baby girl for the first time.

"sh-shes perfect." was all i heard from chase.

"she really is." lydia said, we all just sat in silence, admiring the new life in the room.

i woke up to maisie crying and chase cradling her in his arms, trying to get her to calm down. he looked at me apologetically when he realized i was awake. i just smiled and looked over at ronnie and lydia who were cuddled in an uncomfortable couch.

"i still cant believe shes here." i said quietly, chase smiled back, careful not to wake her since she stopped crying. he sat in the chair next to my bed and continued to hold her.

i fell back to sleep watching him hold her.

i was content with my family, i wouldn't exchange them for anyone else.