Part 5, The Scar

Author's note from the future author
I'm sorry, this chapter is really bad, so just bare with me. This chapter explains her backstory so please don't skip. Future chapters are written more smoothly, and with more emotion to the characters. I apoligize, I hope you'll keep reading

Kacy's pov (back in time)
It's so scary, all these people that want to hurt Korra, and since I'm pretending to be her they are going to hurt me. You did this for Korra, stop being such a baby. As the tears stream down my face I try to see where I'm going, though it's hard through all the tears. I come around a corner and they tell me to sit down. Then I break, "Why did I think this was a good idea?" Obviously thinking out loud isn't the best idea in this situation, why do I have to be so stupid. Everyone in the room gets very confused for a second. "You're not Korra are you?" Zaheer says while pulling out a knife and holding it to my chin.

"N-no I'm not Korra." I say, that knife is so scary, I think he's going to cut me with it. They all got very frustrated when they found out. Zaheer is so mad it's scary, he draws a line along the bottom of my chin, using the knife, now it's gonna scar, it hurts, and now every time I look in the mirror I'll remember. The cut just makes me cry even harder, making it even harder to see. They decided drag me outside, clearly going to just dump me somwhere and just leave me to die, I don't want to die, I'm still young. They drop me in the back of a truck, and drive a few miles somewhere, although it is really hard to see through the tears, so I can't tell where they are taking me.

I see the golden tan color pass by, and realize where they're taking me. The realization only makes me cry harder, making it even harder to figure out where I'll need to head when they dump me. After a minute or two they stop, why did I do this. It's for Korra just stop crying and look around. The cut starts stinging from the sweat, it's so hot out here. Why did they feel the need to dump me in a desert, it's like the worst place to drop a little girl, miles from her home in the heat. I might get heatstroke, I need to head underground soon, finally I can see well enough to make out the outline of a city in the distance, probably a few hours away, time to head under. As I bend the sand and go under I start panicking, what if I die of heatstroke, dehydration, or what if the cut on my chin gets infected? I need to think things through better in the future.
Kacy's pov (back in normal time)
As I get back to my apartment I lay on the bed, I have two hours until my shift at work. Great right after this I need to work. It was a close call though, as I was leaving the red lotous hideout I saw Korra look at me as the airship was descending. Korra was obviously confused. That base was sure hard to navigate, luckily I was able to get out before the airship landed. Hopefully my boss doesn't ask why I used two days of my vacation when there are no holidays today.