Part 10, The Fight

Still Suyin/Sue's pov (still present)
The morning after me and Lin had that fight Lin completely ignored me at breakfast, and when Tenzin asked what's wrong she simply replied with, "Nothing's wrong, I just promised I wouldn't tell Sue." "Sue, what did you promise not to tell Lin?" Tenzin asked, everyone could tell he was annoyed. "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone." I say, hoping he'll understand. "Becuase I'm just anyone!" Lin replies, she's getting mad again. "Look, it wouldn't hurt that bad to tell us would it?" Tenzin asks, getting more frustrated by the second. "Yes, yes it would that girl has had enough struggles, me breaking my promise should not be one more she has to deal with!" The second I say it I realize I've mentioned to much. "Who did you promise this to?" Lin asks, realizing she never even found out who I promised. "Just forget I said anything, I'm going out." I say, hoping that Kacy is working her shift at the cafe so that I can tell her what's happening.

Luckily Kacy's shift was just ending. So I come in and tell her to meet me in the alley near the cafe. After a few minutes she comes out, and asks what's wrong. "Do you have a more private place to talk?" I ask, we can't talk where there are police cams. "I guess, I have an apartment, or my parent's house if you need to talk to them too." Kacy says, she's so sweet about it, I admire her for that, even after all her hardships she still can find a way to be kind. "You're apartment should be fine, just are there any security cameras there?" "I don't believe so, if there were chief beifong wouldn't need to plan to find me." She whispers, probably hoping the cameras can't hear what she's saying, "anyway lets head to my apartment then."

Her apartment has a nice, cozy feel to it as we enter. Whe invites me to sit on her sofa, and says, "Now tell me what's bothering you." As I explain the situation to her I see a few tiny hints of emotion cross her face, but for the most part she remains placid. How can she remain so calm while hearing this?

"You can tell Lin, if you really want to, but she needs to promise she won't tell anyone else." Kacy says, after hearing the whole story. "Wait, I'm really allowed to do that?" "Yeah, but just chief beifong, and nobody else." Kacy replies cooly. "Thanks," I say as I get up to leave, "well, I think I need to go then, bye."

When I get to Air Temple Island Lin is already asleep for the night. I guess I'll have to wait until the morning to tell her. I really do hope Kacy's okay with me telling Lin, I don't want to cause her any more trouble.