Part 17, Sneaking Out

Lin's pov
Tenzin asked me to take Jinora to the library, and since I'm still in shock about the whole Kacy thing I didn't object. So now I'm stuck going to the library with a kid. She told me to just go look for my own books, even though I don't have time to read. I'm so busy with my cheif duties that I don't read often enough to know what I'd want to check out. So why would Jinora tell me to look, she knows I don't have time for that?

Which doesn't make any sense. Unless she's hiding something! What would she be hiding, she only ever has hidden her crush on Kai from anyone, and it was only her father that she hid that from. Maybe she needs to come here to figure out something about him. Maybe if I sneak over to see what Jinora's doing then I'll now. Aw! She's checking the check-out history, maybe she wants to see what kind of books he likes. Even though I'd never tell Tenzin this, I think that those two look so cute together.

I'm really mad that Sue kept it a secret from me, but at the same time I understand. Sue feels bad about what happened to Kacy, and I must admit I do too. She struggles so much more than people can see. Even then, Sue wouldn't trust me enough to tell me. I'm good enough at keeping secrets nobody would've found out. So why the heck couldn't she tell me.

Wait! We're halfway to air temple island and I only just realized that Jinora didn't check out a book. "Hey, Jinora, why didn't you check out a book. I thought that's what libraries are for." "I just um couldn't find the book I was looking for. Sorry for causing you a inconvinience." Jinora said, either she's a really good liar, or the more likely answer, she did that because she was thinking about Kai.

Jinora's pov
Oh crap, I messed up, Lin will find out what I was actually doing there! If she finds out then I'll be in serious trouble. Wait, what was Kacy's address? Oh ya, it was on the avenue two streets over from Mako's grandma's house. It's also the only apartment building on that street, so I just need to remember that it's on that street, and apartment six. I wish I could go there now, but Lin would get suspicious, I'll need to wait.

Maybe I could tell Kai, I'm sure he'd help me as much as he could. Maybe he would help me sneak over there, then I'd be able to see if she's actually the Kacy I'm looking for. Maybe, if it is her, she'll tell me what I want to know. Kai is usually good with people, maybe he'll be able to help me get her to talk. That's what I love about Kai, he's good with people, he's also super sweet, and smart, and just amazing. Okay, Jinora don't get sidetracked, this is very important.

"Kai! There you are, I've been looking for you!" "Yeah? Why?" He asks, pausing from feeding the wild bison herd he's with, so sweet. "I need you to help me sneak off of air temple island, I need to go to someone's apartment." "Why?" Kai asks, the baby bison now slightly nipping at the food in his hand. "I'll tell you after, but this is important. Will you do it?" I'm getting desprate for an answer, please help Kai. "Okay, anything for my princess." He says jokingly, still suceeding in making me blush though. "Thanks! I've got to go. See you tonight." "Bye princess." I'm so glad I was already in the air when he said that. Even though it was a joke it still made me blush, I don't know why he likes teasing me.

"Psst, Jinora!" Kai says, making me jump a little. I must have fallen asleep when I got back, it looks well past midnight. "Thanks for waking me up Kai." I say while getting out. "Now lets go before my dad realizes I'm missing." "Out this window, we don't want anyone to see us leave."