Part 11, The Arrest

Mako's pov
Korra, Bolin, Asami, and I are all in Korra's room. We all are a bit disturbed at how well that girl, who is apparently Korra's twin, pretended to bend all of the elements.

"I don't think I have a twin, and if I did there's no way that's her!" Korra fumed. "I think it might be someone who wants to hurt Korra, kinda like the red lotous." Bolin suggested. "Maybe she's friendly, and just wanted to help us out." Asami mumbled, but was quickly countered by Korra, "Maybe that's what she wants us to think, so that she can worm her way into our circle, and sabotage us all!" "So what are we gonna do about her?" I ask getting a bit annoyed. "Why don't we find her and ask her what she wants?" Chimes in Bolin, a bit to enthusiastic. "Okay, but we can't tell anyone else, or they won't let us do it. They'd think that we could get hurt." Asami says, and we all agree to start looking in the morning.

                                             Lin's pov
I really just want to go and get Sue to tell me, I could tell that she was so close to telling me, but thes she stormed off. I wish I could stay home today, but there was a really big robbery last night so I had to get up in the middle of the night and go to work.

Now on top of that all I have to interrogate a couple and their daughter, because they were the only witnesses. As this interrogation wears on I notice how different they look. Their daughter has dark brown hair that goes down to her waist, and blue eyes that keep wandering around, like she's trying to take in every detail. On the other hand her parents' hair is starting to turn gray, but is still mostly a chesnut color, and the woman has chocolatey brown eyes, and the man has eyes that are such a dark brown they sometimes look black.

The thing that really makes me think that she's adopted though, is the fact that she is dressed in fire nation attire, and looks like she could be from the fire nation, where as her 'parents' are definitely from the earth kingdom. Eventually they tell me everything they saw and go home, but I have a weird feeling about that girl who says she is their daughter, she seems familiar.

After a few hours we finally catch the culprit for the robbery. Finally I can see if Sue will tell me what's bothering her yet. I've been staying at Air Temple Island for Korra's protection, and will continue to do so until Korra's 'twin' is found and apprehended. Sue walks up to me as I come in, and asks me to come to her room so that she can tell me something.