Part 25, Hate

Kacy's pov
Work was surprisingly way less monotonous than it usually is, it was actually rather enjoyable today. With all the business of the customers I didn't really have time to focus on the fact that meeting all of my biological family, and my sister's friends could ruin me. But now that I'm home, and have nothing better to think about, it's gnawing away at me. I've spent a lot of my life trying to protect Korra in ways she didn't even see, I was ready to protect her if it was so needed, but now she may decide that she hates me.

I've brought bad luck to people all around me, and now I could quite possibly hurt my family again, except this time they'll realize it's me doing it. If I'm not good enough for them, then what? Not only if I'm not good enough, but what will they think of me? Surely they'll think I'm a wimp, I've been hiding from them practically my whole life, surely they'll hate me. Korra's tone even implied it when she said I'm evil. It's like she sees past the facade I am, I'm really just a terrible person, and now somebody else sees it too.

I've spent my whole life trying to protect the ones I love, but they always end up hurt. I wasn't able to keep Korra safe from Amon, or from our uncle. I wasn't able to keep mine and Korra's parents safe from the pain I caused them by leaving. I wasn't even able to stop the robbery back in the earth kingdom. And even once we moved here, I still wasn't able to make enough money to get my parents a decent living, heck I don't even help them at all anymore. All I do is drop by to talk to them about my problems, they're making their own money, I'm not helpful at all. They tell me they love me, but my biological family may not, I mean why would they, I'm terrible at protecting them, and I'm terrible at being brave, I'm just terrible in every way. My family will surely hate me.

The next day...
A slight buzz came from the kitchen while I rubbed my eyes awake. Apparently I forgot to turn the radio off again. I don't do that very often, what happened last night that caused that? Oh... ya. I was crying and stressing, I could just run away to another city, then I won't have to tell them anything else. I could give my parents a letter for Tenzin and just leave on the next ship.

Don't worry, I won't disappear this time, we'll continue this tomorrow... Why did I have to say that, I can't break a promise ahhhhhhh. Now I have practically no choice but to explain. This is going to be the worst day ever.

Author's note
Thanks so much for being patient with me, I'm starting to pull my life together after being in quarantine and such. I had lost motivation for this story for a bit, I would usually create these fanfics in my head to avoid having to deal with my mental health (as somebody who would regularly deal with panic attacks I got quite a lot of fanfics started, and some finished). I wouldn't write them, just imagine them, so this was the first one I ever put into words. I'm doing MUCH better mentally thanks to therapy, and am going to continue writing it. I'm so excited to continue putting chapters out, and hope you guys are excited too. Hope you're having a wonderful day, thanks so much for reading this. Please comment what you think, and vote it you liked it. Thanks in advance if you do.

-MelonOnion