Part 20, Scared

Kacy's pov
"Oh, hi Jinora. You brought Kai, I wasn't sure if you would. Come on in." I'm suprised Jinora took so long to find me. She's smart enough that I thought she would've found me sooner. "Jinora, stop staring, she invited us in!" Kai whispers a bit too loud, but I pretend not to hear. Since Jinora's not going to budge without help I tell her, "Jinora, come sit down, I'll tell you everything you want to know." I can't believe I just promised to tell her everything, please don't ask about my past, I really don't want to talk about it.

"And second, why aren't you just coming to air temple island, it would help clear everything up." Why aren't I going there? "That answer is a little more complicated. I guess I'm scared." Scared I'll ruin Korra's life more than I already have. Scared that they won't accept me. Scared of everything that would come with going to them. Here I can avoid the people I don't want to see, there I'll have to face everyone. I'll also face them all at the same time, and there's no way I could handle that.

After a bit of akward silence I hear an announcer on the radio so I turn it up. "Republic city! Two airbenders have been kidnapped! The avatar is offering 200 yuans for the safe return of the airbenders!" Oh, crap! I'm going to be found with them, and then
I'll go to prison, and then I'll never see my parents again. This is bad, really bad! What are we going to do to get them back unnoticed? Now that it's been announced I'm more than certain people will kidnap them to get the reward. Also, how can they get back without me being noticed? I really don't want anyone there to see me.

Author's note
Hi, guys, we reached 1k views! I'm really happy! Thanks for reading, there will be 5-10 chapters probably. Also, thank you Izzymarine99 for commenting on this story, it made my day.